Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Dash Cam Not Working Check USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue here; I already try everything above here; Ver: 2022.12.3.2 Is very annoying doing all till it works but then does it again no pattern on timing. I have an appointment for with Tesla to come over to my location as i listed this as a software issue; ..

Interestingly, I have not had this come up again since early May. Went away during 12.3.2 and currently on 12.3.12 without recurrence. That said, as ELON twittered it is a software issue and nothing to do with formatting your USB.

It might say 12v, but I would check it while the car is on with a voltmeter.

This thread covers an issue with plugging in a 12v power inverter where the 15v+ voltage is giving him some issues, and how he has worked around it.

I don't know what are you talking about. I did that and its work with no any problem. Issue will back only if you will format your USB in car (because now this is the problem - car do not create TeslaCam folder).
Just try and you will see ;)
Mine is working now after not doing any suggested "fix". It stopped working a few weeks ago, but I didn't do anything other than formatting 2-3 times in the car. Now, it is magically working again, and again I didn't do anything.

Reactions: DrGriz
I have been intentionally saving a Dashcam recording every day or every other day. So far the red X has not returned. (Perhaps saving the Dashcam recording clears the buffer.) Periodically I open the Dashcam Viewer and delete the saved recordings to free up space.

Reactions: bobbyjae