Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's really smart. My better half feels strongly that SUVs (Model X, Y, Jeep, etc) look stupid with smaller wheels but I'm a cheap-o too and said "are you going to pay for my replacement tires every 2 years plus whenever I hit a pothole near work?"

Ford CEO: Good morning, Bob. It's Jim. I'm not going to sell cars to you anymore.
Millionaire Dealership Owner Bob: TF you talkin' about, son?
Jim: I'd like to sell directly to consumers
Bob: So they'd test drive where, exactly?
Jim.....
Bob: And they'd get service where, exactly?
Jim....
Bob: I had Senator Smith over for dinner last night. You'll get him to change the laws in our state how, exactly?
Jim:....
Bob: Go back to bed, Jim. You're drunk.

They can't change. Even the FTC thinks they should but understands that some states simply won't allow it and are, in fact, doubling down:
Ford CEO to dealerships, we are now moving a different direction and we are opening our own Ford stores around the U.S. You can sell us your store and service dep but we wont need the sales portion.
that wasnt hard was it?
They would test drive and service just like tesla does it.

Ok so literally this is how my EDD has acted in the last 2 months.
It has always stayed at 2 weeks from current date, and a two week duration window.

The last number will stay the same until Friday, the first number will move back one day at a time giving you hope.
Let me show you the sequence.

Monday: Aug 26 - Sep 9
Tuesday: Aug 27 - Sept 9
Wednesday: Aug 28 - Sept 9
Thursday: Aug 29 - Sept 9
Friday: Aug 30 - Sept 13

So the first number moves daily, and the last number moves every 5 days.

Every week it’s the same thing, as dates move further back, and away from VIN assignment.
That is frustrating aF!
I think for you guys that might sneak into the current quarter Elon is staying up late at night doing some fancy ciphering, for guys like me that aren't going to make it he just says October 11 - 31 because ain't nuthin happening in the first two weeks of the quarter. That's probably when they all take leave. Shoot, he only figured out there are 31 days in October last week.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
I think for you guys that might sneak into the current quarter Elon is staying up late at night doing some fancy ciphering, for guys like me that aren't going to make it he just says October 11 - 31 because ain't nuthin happening in the first two weeks of the quarter. That's probably when they all take leave. Shoot, he only figured out there are 31 days in October last week.
I don’t see my car coming this quarter......My order never registered the color change as a new order and kept it at May 28th (which is great), but I’m sure they are going to start pushing the rest of the US soon, and east coast is most likely done till Q4

Oh i forgot to tell you guys, i called Tesla again......lol
They said that my car will start production on Aug 19! They can stuff that line so far up their A$$ it pops out their mouth!

I’m so tired of hearing its going to start soon, its going to start, oh don’t worry, the first week of Sept will be your turn! It’s all lies so you don’t cancel. I remember when i was the last week of July, then i was the first week of august, then i was no later than September, now I’m the first week of September. It’s all mind games

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
Oh i forgot to tell you guys, i called Tesla again......lol
They said that my car will start production on Aug 19! They can stuff that line so far up their A$$ it pops out their mouth!

I’m so tired of hearing its going to start soon, its going to start, oh don’t worry, the first week of Sept will be your turn! It’s all lies so you don’t cancel. I remember when i was the last week of July, then i was the first week of august, then i was no later than September, now I’m the first week of September. It’s all mind games
I agree.. I think honestly they truly don't know which would be great for me to just say that. Just to see what she said, I text my SA saying, "You told me I'd have my car by week 12.. Guess what today is the start of? Week 12.. I am hoping you might have an update?" Probably not great to be passive aggressive with your SA, but I'm over it. Just saw a loaded X5 - Certified - strongly considering giving it a hard look. I could have it tomorrow. (though I do have a plug installed in my garage now)..

I agree.. I think honestly they truly don't know which would be great for me to just say that. Just to see what she said, I text my SA saying, "You told me I'd have my car by week 12.. Guess what today is the start of? Week 12.. I am hoping you might have an update?" Probably not great to be passive aggressive with your SA, but I'm over it. Just saw a loaded X5 - Certified - strongly considering giving it a hard look. I could have it tomorrow. (though I do have a plug installed in my garage
I just realized we have the same MYLR order, just a few days apart. I know once you get yours I should be getting mine.

Delivery went well at Richmond today... Car was ready looked great. Was able to use my phone to login to Tesla Account and do the Plaid pay thing, accepted car, it unlocked, added car key. Been taking pictures, driving around, and telling friends about it all afternoon and evening! Couldn't be happier with the color, the sound system, the drive. Love it!

I don’t see my car coming this quarter......My order never registered the color change as a new order and kept it at May 28th (which is great), but I’m sure they are going to start pushing the rest of the US soon, and east coast is most likely done till Q4
Honestly, I'm just as happy to be pushed into Q4; I really don't want to be part of the EOQ rat race. But I have plenty of cars already so I don't have any issues like that so I'm happy just to hang out and make sure I get a fresh, new, right off the assembly line VIN. By the time I get mine it'll probably have hover capability.

Honestly, I'm just as happy to be pushed into Q4; I really don't want to be part of the EOQ rat race. But I have plenty of cars already so I don't have any issues like that so I'm happy just to hang out and make sure I get a fresh, new, right off the assembly line VIN. By the time I get mine it'll probably have hover capability.
#HumbleBrag

As an update... I got my VIN earlier today! Still can't believe this is happening! :) EDD window was (and technically still is on the website): 8/28-9/10....
In my state you need the VIN to provide proof of insurance prior to pickup. My insurance agent asked me to have the Tesla dealership send them the information directly so they could add the car to my policy. While I was somewhat annoyed at this back and forth, I called up the dealership. With VIN in hand, I asked about the insurance and the SA offered to schedule my pick-up directly!!!! She also went on to say that the car would arrive at the dealership on 8/31. So we scheduled the pickup for 9/2!!!

Takeaways:
1. If you have a VIN and a dealership location where you are picking up, give them a call you may be pleasantly surprised.
2. If you are in New England and waiting on a delivery date - there is at least one Boston, MA delivery on 8/31

Hope this helps! Also best of luck to everyone! This forum has been very helpful!

MYP | Black | White | 21" | 5 seater | Tow | FSD
Ordered: 7/28
VIN received: 8/17
Pickup date: 9/2

Not true at all considering people on the East Coast are reporting that they’re receiving VINs currently… 😂

Woke up to a text from Tesla today thinking I got my VIN only for it to be requesting me to complete my trade in to prioritize delivery.

The only problem is I completed my part 2 days ago, 1 minute after the email came out, and I’m waiting on them to complete their part so I can re-accept. You just have to love Tesla’s system.
I got that same text last week...which is weird for me because I specified No Trade-in.

Reactions: TESRP
Delivery went well at Richmond today... Car was ready looked great. Was able to use my phone to login to Tesla Account and do the Plaid pay thing, accepted car, it unlocked, added car key. Been taking pictures, driving around, and telling friends about it all afternoon and evening! Couldn't be happier with the color, the sound system, the drive. Love it!
Post some pics when you get a chance. Congrats!

You paid using plaid at the dealership?