Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been thinking some interesting / impactful announcement might be coming at the Model S event concerning Ys - maybe some news on the new batteries or whatever. The poor guys on the S forum who ordered Plaid+ are talking a bit about it after the cancellation of Plaid+

I said something to a fellow social media group plaid plus guy akin to "isnt 1.99 seconds to 60 already fast enough" he was unamused.

I wonder about the Y. thats the thing about buying tech. Updates are gonna always happen....buy it if you want now, or youll always be just waiting.

Reactions: dsandhu
I said something to a fellow social media group plaid plus guy akin to "isnt 1.99 seconds to 60 already fast enough" he was unamused.

I wonder about the Y. thats the thing about buying tech. Updates are gonna always happen....buy it if you want now, or youll always be just waiting.

For sure, I'm pretty patient by nature so just sort of waiting and seeing.

Reactions: elguapo and Peelz
I'm fully prepared for my car to be ready for pickup when I'm on vacation, because that would be my luck. I have contingency plans I'm working on if this happens.
Ditto. I'm going on a trip in the middle of July and right now my EDD is July 19-Aug 08, which is one day after I get back. Now I know the dates will change 170 times between now and then but I'm preparing for the EDD to shift squarely into the middle of my week long vacation, and so I'll have to see if I can schedule for delivery even 1 day after we get back or before we leave, or worst case drive hours from our vacation spot to pickup and return, leaving it in a parking lot as our vacation is on an island only accessible by ferry (no cars). That would be stressful. :)

For sure, I'm pretty patient by nature so just sort of waiting and seeing.
yep that's what we were doing. But I wont wait more than one whole version. Same with iphones. Anything past the 6+ i just havent cared lol Until there's a major advance or I ride the motorcycle into a rainstorm again, I just keep em.

the ONLY thing I could see waiting for at this point would be the battery pack improvements.

Reactions: elguapo
This is brutal - I've been sitting on hold for 45 minutes, no music or anything. I just got my vin (209xxx) after clicking through the Tesla vision wonder page. My earliest EDD was moving back a day at a time (went from 6/14 to 6/20 with a latest 6/30 date. After the click-through, its now 6/18 to 6/24. I need these guys to switch my "cash" option to "finance".
Email your delivery center and they will do it for you. I went through the same process.

I actually just got off the phone with them and someone picked up right away after I entered my zip code. I am in Greenville, SC and the closest DC is in Charlotte, NC and that is who picked up. I don't know if they always put you with the closest one when you call that number but it would make sense. He was super nice and, as usual, didn't have much information to share.

I mentioned to him my concern that I ordered on 5/8 and had late June EDD dates this whole time until a few days ago when it shifted to September 13 to October 3. I asked him if he thought that was even possible and he said it seems highly unlikely, and is waiting for the Model S event on the 10th to see some other things announced and hopefully things will calm down a bit with the crazy dates everyone has been seeing. He said he would be extremely surprised if it actually took until October to get my car. If it was a Model S, he would not be surprised...but a Model Y, there is no reason it would take that long.

He said they are unbelievably busy at that location, as they all are, and they plan to deliver over 1,400 just at Charlotte this month. he said there are still 23 days left in the quarter and they plan to deliver as many as possible of course, so fingers crossed I'll see my dates change to something earlier than late Sep/early Oct. :rolleyes:

I don't know why I'm sharing all of this other than to just let you all know what I heard in case you find it interesting. :)
Other than someone answering immediately (I’ve always had to wait for a call back) this is pretty much the same experience I’ve had. I spoke to someone who was in Texas, so close to me, and they were always supportive and reassuring. Totally different than any SA I’ve ever had interactions with. While they might not have all the answers, they at least seem to care.

Also, I tend to agree with his assessment. I seriously doubt April and May orders will be pushed to Q3. I think they’ll do everything possible to avoid that.

This is brutal - I've been sitting on hold for 45 minutes, no music or anything. I just got my vin (209xxx) after clicking through the Tesla vision wonder page. My earliest EDD was moving back a day at a time (went from 6/14 to 6/20 with a latest 6/30 date. After the click-through, its now 6/18 to 6/24. I need these guys to switch my "cash" option to "finance".
Let me know how this goes I need to do the same.

Is it expected to be around $199/mo? I'm not sure if I can justify that cost for the current features of FSD.
Nobody knows for sure. The $199 rumor came from some source code but Elon has made comments in the past that the subscription price would be more expensive than buying it upfront. If that $199 turns out to be true, I think you’re going to see A LOT of people with preorders cancelling their $10k FSD.

Lol fair enough. I've rented a Model Y with FSD before. The extra features it has over the AP are cool but IMHO not $199/mo cool 😁.

same here really. save for the lane change thing. I liked that.... The demo we had was FSD. I did NOT like letting it take exits. I tried it all to see if we wanted it. I do not.

I see AP as an assistant, not servant.

but maybe if it gets better, theres some features I might like. who knows. But not worth 10k on the car price.