Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There actually is no real, consistent process. So those searching for correlations will be frustrated. It’s a *sugar* show and always has been. Everyone guesses what will get them their Tesla sooner, but Tesla is consistently inconsistent. Most Tesla employees are incentivized to deliver vehicles quarterly, but it does not matter to whom they deliver, etc.

Most of us will get our cars by 6/30, but it will be a very bumpy, unpredictable and unpleasant ride until then.

Totally worth the wait. At least until Tesla has legit competition.
There is definitely a method to their madness, but I do broadly agree with you here. The truth is, Tesla has AI and ML to tell them what the most optimal production schedule and process is. While it's generally held up as true that matching colors and configs are manufactured together, the order in which those are processed is probably, to a large extent, planned out by a vastly complex cloud scheduling system. There is a reason why humans are not relied on to do things this complicated. In fact, it's complicated to such an intense degree that human brains are literally incapable of understanding the method/pattern without having all the data and time to parse it. And even then, with each iteration of production cycles, the schedules and patterns will change. Accept that this is part of the process of buying a car from what is most definitely NOT a car company - they're a tech company; you'll likely be much happier as you go through this process.

Reactions: geekfam
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Ordered 5/11 (White LR w/ 20" wheels)
Received VIN 195,xxx on 6/1 (today!) with delivery date range of June 3 - June 8

Full disclosure ... I'd been tossing back and forth on going with the black exterior instead of the white, all while patiently waiting like most of us here. On a whim I called the SC and asked if there were any possible rejects that might match my configuration. Lo and behold there's a black one en route that matched my config exactly. Requested to swap out and boom ... hoping to take delivery by the weekend.

Received VIN 195,xxx on 6/1 (today!) with delivery date range of June 3 - June 8

Full disclosure ... I'd been tossing back and forth on going with the black exterior instead of the white, all while patiently waiting like most of us here. On a whim I called the SC and asked if there were any possible rejects that might match my configuration. Lo and behold there's a black one en route that matched my config exactly. Requested to swap out and boom ... hoping to take delivery by the weekend.
👍

Reactions: iratre
There is definitely a method to their madness, but I do broadly agree with you here. The truth is, Tesla has AI and ML to tell them what the most optimal production schedule and process is. While it's generally held up as true that matching colors and configs are manufactured together, the order in which those are processed is probably, to a large extent, planned out by a vastly complex cloud scheduling system. There is a reason why humans are not relied on to do things this complicated. In fact, it's complicated to such an intense degree that human brains are literally incapable of understanding the method/pattern without having all the data and time to parse it. And even then, with each iteration of production cycles, the schedules and patterns will change. Accept that this is part of the process of buying a car from what is most definitely NOT a car company - they're a tech company; you'll likely be much happier as you go through this process.
In short, Tesla as a company has Asperger syndrome. They just want to maximize opportunities to raise their production and revenue, and don't give a *sugar* to how customers may be pissed by that.

Reactions: jbsmoovies
Hi folks - took delivery today so thought I'd pop in and give you my experience.

The car was in great shape - gaps looked great, paint was good. They got a little crazy with the wheel shine and sprayed it on the wheel trim, but besides that I couldn't find anything to gripe about.

I walked around the car a bunch, poked and prodded on it - turned everything on and off a few times, opened/closed all the doors, etc. I had a checklist I used and just went from top to bottom on everything. When done I signed the papers and dropped them off and I drove off. A much better experience than the waiting.

I ordered Mar 25 and received my VIN ~61 days later, and was scheduled for delivery 7 days after that. guy said they were doing 30 a day (all they have room for) and they have a lot to get through.

I did not get PPF or mudflats, but did still have the passenger lumbar button (VIN 185).

The only thing I'm a little frightened about is how the cars sometimes pop in and out of the left drive screen when driving down the road. Is this because the radar is gone and it just isn't that good at it yet, or is it still learning? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, here's a photo. I love the car - and after ~20 or so miles I feel like I'm already used to regenerative braking. :)

MbXHi1C.jpg

Good luck folks - this thread has kept me company over the last few months... it's been a pleasure!

I’m in DFW too and we both ordered on the same day. Congrats!! Hopefully my VIN is coming soon.

Hi folks - took delivery today so thought I'd pop in and give you my experience.

The car was in great shape - gaps looked great, paint was good. They got a little crazy with the wheel shine and sprayed it on the wheel trim, but besides that I couldn't find anything to gripe about.

I walked around the car a bunch, poked and prodded on it - turned everything on and off a few times, opened/closed all the doors, etc. I had a checklist I used and just went from top to bottom on everything. When done I signed the papers and dropped them off and I drove off. A much better experience than the waiting.

I ordered Mar 25 and received my VIN ~61 days later, and was scheduled for delivery 7 days after that. guy said they were doing 30 a day (all they have room for) and they have a lot to get through.

I did not get PPF or mudflats, but did still have the passenger lumbar button (VIN 185).

The only thing I'm a little frightened about is how the cars sometimes pop in and out of the left drive screen when driving down the road. Is this because the radar is gone and it just isn't that good at it yet, or is it still learning? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, here's a photo. I love the car - and after ~20 or so miles I feel like I'm already used to regenerative braking. :)

Good luck folks - this thread has kept me company over the last few months... it's been a pleasure!
Can you describe this popping that your talking about? I havent seen anything like that yet reported by anyone

This is probably the most accurate description yet, bravo.
The point being I bet you most us would leave it alone if you give us an close to accurate date let it be instead of status changes without any logic behind it. There is no way this morning there was a meeting held about all these orders and a status update was posted. Day before they thought it was going to be June 15- June 30, yesterday it was 3-12 weeks and today there is nothing there so I am assuming they had dementia.
If tomorrow morning they tell me July 10th -15th is your delivery and 90% that’s accurate or even later as long as they don’t change it without any logic I could live with it.

I can't agree with any of that. They are employees of Tesla, holding a Sales Associate position and we are the customers (paying a sh**ton I might add) and we are "owed" something, the truth, good or bad (and to be treated decently at least..). If they don't know, say it, don't lie about it (which I was 4 weeks in a row). How they're paid is not my concern, it's theirs and Tesla. I expect excellent customer and they (in my opinion) have lacked this completely (not all, some were great). As far as the end of quarter, I can partially agree with you, it worked out that way for me but I've been sitting here watching people that ordered way after me (many in May) take delivery over the last couple of weeks. Some of those I'm sure were either rejected or the customer pulled out at the last moment but not all. If I learned anything over the last couple of months, no one knows the Tesla process, not even the employees. I've said it before and I'll say it again, competition is coming and Tesla better tighten this sh** up or they will sink...
Whether I disagree or not, people have shared this sentiment for a decade around Tesla and Tesla is, whether we like it or not, doing better than ever.

MbXHi1C.jpg

congrats and +1 on this thread. I have to wait until Saturday AM!

Plus I cant get hold of my cred union to gimme my check! lol killing me.

Reactions: proximanova
Ordered 4/9/21 delivered 5/31/21 in Mt Kisco VIN 187,XXX. Here are some general impressions.
  • Delivery took 30-40 minutes. No trade in. Very straightforward. COVID safe. Ample time alone to look at car. I was not in a rush. Welcoming and friendly staff. Several other deliveries occurring simultaneously. I am grateful they were able to get me in on 5/31. I had to arrange travel during the weekend to get there and return before Tuesday. This part of the process was well done. Unlike the date waiting game.
  • Thankfully Mt Kisco does not install the front plate holder. Asked if I wanted it done. I said no, and installed my Quick Bandit separately. Works great!
  • During this hectic delivery time, I was never able to connect with SA or any staff there by phone before delivery. But everything worked okay.
  • No adaptive headlights. No PPF for mud flaps. No passenger lumbar support. White interior.
  • No exterior fit and finish issues, but I may not be the most discernable. No hugely inconsistent panel gaps, no issues with opening/closing doors, windows, charge port. Whatever they use to polish the car may have gotten on some of the black trim. Will ask about this.
  • There is some fit and finish issues with the driver's seat. SA fixed something on the lot where part of the seat material was not fully attached underneath the seat. There is also a problem with the plastic panel that houses the seat controls and the fact that there is a wire popping through the seam in the carpet in the middle section of the seat riser. SC appointment on 6/2 to address this and install homelink. (No SC available on Memorial Day to take care of issues at delivery.) Visor hooks, garment hooks seemed okay.
  • Driven 500 miles so far to return from the delivery location. Prior to this, I have only test driven Teslas several times. I couldn't tell a difference with the lack of radar. All worked fine for me. Except a few things with FSD...which may not all be related to radar.
  • ...it likes to hug semis on the highway. At one point it recommended merge into a late (to the right) with a semi right next to the car. I'm not sure why it can't see such large vehicles.
  • ...it stopped at every traffic light on residential streets, even if the light was green. There was a red bar on the road on the screen. Very bizarre.
  • I didn't realize that auto high beams was required for autopilot in the dark. Yikes. I hope it does not bother other drivers. It was somewhat distracting for me, although there where several instances where it had switched but I did not notice. I know I will get used to it.
  • Tasmanian floor mats fit very well.
  • The superchargers are fantastic. The primary reason I went with Tesla. 500 mile drive with 2 stops each less than 30 minutes and no hassle in getting connecting and getting going.

So I decided to call the service center where I'd pick up (not the store where I put in the order), and the guy on the phone sounded like he was looking something up and then said I'd probably not get my car until July or August, because it's a 7 seater.

I asked if there were any other cars available that matched my general specs and he said there might be one, his manager would have to give me a call back.

Fun times.

• Informative
Reactions: dsandhu