Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Port of Baltimore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cruise Port of Baltimore - My wife and I just returned from a cruise out of the Port of Baltimore. The cruise was GREAT but I want to fill you in on the Tesla connection to this story.

We drove from Harrisburg area down to the Port. There are SC's a few miles from the port both North and South so charging before parking was not an issue. We pulled into the port to park with 76% SOC.

Parking is great at the port. You park right on the pier and the boat is right there, I mean, RIGHT THERE! The daily parking charge is $15/day. Not bad but it gets up there if you have a long cruise.

I turned everything OFF in the car and also for a little additional security I enabled PIN TO DRIVE and put a code in. PIN TO DRIVE totally disables the ability for the car to drive until you put the pin code in. You can have a key card or your phone key but without the PIN TO DRIVE code the car goes nowhere.

I did wake the car up twice during our cruise just to check on it and all was fine.

On our return we were @ a 75% SOC so we only lost 1% SOC over the 9 days we were gone

It only took us about 26% SOC to drive from the port back to Harrisburg. Next time to be kinder to the battery for long storage I might leave it between 50 & 60 % SOC sitting during the time parked. That might be a better SOC to leave it at during the extended parking on the pier.

Think about PIN TO DRIVE the next time you park somewhere for an extended time. It might be that additional bit of security that saves your car

• Informative
Reactions: vanjwilson