Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Requirements for Membership​

To be eligible for membership with Everence Federal Credit Union, one of the following must apply.

1. I (or an immediate family member) am an existing Everence member and/or product owner.

2. I am a member or attender of a Mennonite or Anabaptist church.

3. I work for an employer, volunteer in missions or service, reside in a retirement community, or study at an institution that is Mennonite or Anabaptist affiliated.

4. I share values consistent with the Anabaptist understanding of Christian stewardship (Psalm 24 -all I am and all I have are from God) and, in response to God’s generosity, practice stewardship of all my resources.
Whenever I see a Credit Union or similarly specialized financial entity, I always imagine the final stipulation to read: “I see my reflection when I look in a mirror.” 😒

View attachment 928647
You must be a member of either the US Capital Historical Society or The American Consumer Council to be eligible for USSFCU membership. I went with the The American Consumer Council and it literally took 5 minutes to signup and I received an email with their Membership Number and Certificate which I used to open membership with the USSFCU. I applied on 4/12 and the application is still pending. I will update as soon as I have an update.
That is obviously cheaper and maybe easier, I was just thrown off because on USSFCU’s site there was an add on to the ACC option:

Attachments

• 11E44F96-5DF3-4F21-A788-0C4D0F41B71B.jpeg
    11E44F96-5DF3-4F21-A788-0C4D0F41B71B.jpeg
    628.2 KB · Views: 88
That is obviously cheaper and maybe easier, I was just thrown off because on USSFCU’s site there was an add on to the ACC option:
I actually just joined the ACC for free because there is a code option to enter and “consumer” was a 2014 code I found that someone said still works in 2022 and I can verify it worked today.

I then applied for membership at USSFCU and uploaded everything and fingers crossed it’s pending.

Did the loan app through Tesla earlier and was approved but not at the rate I want. Seems my delivery is nearing (according to Tesla customer service by end of month) but no VIN yet.

Reactions: Avi_FL
How long ago did you apply? I applied Friday night. You're supposed to get a response in 24-48hrs but I doubt that's going to happen for me.
I applied last Thursday. Yesterday morning I received a message to upload some documents and I uploaded them. This morning I called them and as part of the application they asked me a series of questions and the CS rep said she will forward the application to the team who gives the final approval and might take anywhere between 24-48 hours, so fingers crossed !

If you have uploaded all the documents then you can call them directly instead of waiting for their call.
Interesting. I recall checking my USSFCU membership application status online a day or two ago and it said something like submitted, received or I recall that it went through. Today it says “pending.” I did upload my American Consumer Council membership certificate when I applied for FCU membership, and I also provided a lot of details like mine and my wife’s address, other identifying info and I believe debit card for the $10 joint required savings. Nothing taken out yet, but curious what other documents they’ll need just to be a member.

it did take a few extra steps, but finally established membership at USSFCU for free. You do have to deposit $5 ($10 for joint account) and there’s a $1 transactional fee ($2 for joint). That deposit is pending transfer so I now have to wait for it to clear/post before I can apply for a loan.

MYP white/white and nothing else
OD: 4/6
EDD at time of OD: “April”
New EDD: 4/22 to 5/6
No VIN as of now
Have trade that I accepted and hoping I won’t need it reevaluated. Received the 4/7 and other recent price cuts.

Reactions: Avi_FL
Interesting. I recall checking my USSFCU membership application status online a day or two ago and it said something like submitted, received or I recall that it went through. Today it says “pending.” I did upload my American Consumer Council membership certificate when I applied for FCU membership, and I also provided a lot of details like mine and my wife’s address, other identifying info and I believe debit card for the $10 joint required savings. Nothing taken out yet, but curious what other documents they’ll need just to be a member.
They asked me to upload a copy of my SSN and ID and within a few hours $6 was debited out of my primary checking account to be used for the membership fees and received an welcome email from USSFCU.

it did take a few extra steps, but finally established membership at USSFCU for free. You do have to deposit $5 ($10 for joint account) and there’s a $1 transactional fee ($2 for joint). That deposit is pending transfer so I now have to wait for it to clear/post before I can apply for a loan.

MYP white/white and nothing else
OD: 4/6
EDD at time of OD: “April”
New EDD: 4/22 to 5/6
No VIN as of now
Have trade that I accepted and hoping I won’t need it reevaluated. Received the 4/7 and other recent price cuts.
Applying for loan was very easy, I applied around 4pm and my credit report was pulled around 5pm and the rep called me and collected all details and got me connected to the underwriter. Everything went very smooth and fast. The check is being sent today directly to Tesla. You do have option to send the check directly to you or Tesla.

Reactions: kopo and OlyY
Applying for loan was very easy, I applied around 4pm and my credit report was pulled around 5pm and the rep called me and collected all details and got me connected to the underwriter. Everything went very smooth and fast. The check is being sent today directly to Tesla. You do have option to send the check directly to you or Tesla.
Submitted loan application yesterday and was approved this morning. The rate is 4.24% and says that includes the 0.5% discount for the autopay (0.25%) and whatever else (0.25%). Saw someone else post they were going to get an additional 0.25% for autopay making it 3.99% for 72 months, but I don’t think that is accurate.

Just sent an email to Tesla asking them to reflect the change in lender from Tesla Financing to USSFCU, but if someone knows a better way to do this then please advise. Also, still no VIN and I have a trade that will now have a lesser payoff because I will have made another payment in the next few days and the initial agreement doesn’t reflect this so hope this can all be figured out. Not used to doing the leg work in car buying. Not opposed, but also not a fan of being on their time and terms to get responses.

Submitted loan application yesterday and was approved this morning. The rate is 4.24% and says that includes the 0.5% discount for the autopay (0.25%) and whatever else (0.25%). Saw someone else post they were going to get an additional 0.25% for autopay making it 3.99% for 72 months, but I don’t think that is accurate.

Just sent an email to Tesla asking them to reflect the change in lender from Tesla Financing to USSFCU, but if someone knows a better way to do this then please advise. Also, still no VIN and I have a trade that will now have a lesser payoff because I will have made another payment in the next few days and the initial agreement doesn’t reflect this so hope this can all be figured out. Not used to doing the leg work in car buying. Not opposed, but also not a fan of being on their time and terms to get responses.
In the Tesla app, got to Financing and under that click on "Change" and click "yes" on "Are you planning to Lease or Finance Your Vehicle" and the select the third option, I think it says " self loan" or something like that. All you have to do is enter "United States Senate FCU" and it will auto-populate the address and then in the last box enter the loan amount that was approved by USSFCU and think click Save or Submit. That's it. Check my screenshot, that's how it should look after you change it.

Attachments

• IMG_D2C99466AE93-1.jpeg
    IMG_D2C99466AE93-1.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 149
In the Tesla app, got to Financing and under that click on "Change" and click "yes" on "Are you planning to Lease or Finance Your Vehicle" and the select the third option, I think it says " self loan" or something like that. All you have to do is enter "United States Senate FCU" and it will auto-populate the address and then in the last box enter the loan amount that was approved by USSFCU and think click Save or Submit. That's it. Check my screenshot, that's how it should look after you change it.
I no longer have that option:

Attachments

• IMG_8059.png
    IMG_8059.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 92
When I select “Manage Terms” at least I have not selected “Confirm” because it appears I may not be able to make changes if I did. Or at least not easily.
You know, when all else fails just call Tesla Customer Service. Made the change and even found a model close to me, but it wasn’t a complete match so I’ll continue to wait.

Attachments

• IMG_8061.png
    IMG_8061.png
    403.7 KB · Views: 101