Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could you help me diagnose the issue with my car after driving on a dirt/rocky road, where it made a strange sound and emitted a burning plastic smell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This past weekend, I parked on a gravel road at the back of the church due to being late. When leaving after the service, my car emitted a concerning sound reminiscent of a struggling accelerator, accompanied by a sensation as if I had run over something, despite the car moving forward. There was also a strong burnt plastic or rubber smell, which dissipated upon returning to the concrete road. Now, I'm experiencing a wobbly sensation and reduced traction while driving. Despite having rotated my tires and confirming good tread, I'm uncertain about the cause of these issues. Should I seek assistance from a Tesla service center or a discount tire to diagnose and address this problem? Does anyone know what this could be?😭 sincerely a scared 23 year old woman

This past weekend, I parked on a gravel road at the back of the church due to being late. When leaving after the service, my car emitted a concerning sound reminiscent of a struggling accelerator, accompanied by a sensation as if I had run over something, despite the car moving forward. There was also a strong burnt plastic or rubber smell, which dissipated upon returning to the concrete road. Now, I'm experiencing a wobbly sensation and reduced traction while driving. Despite having rotated my tires and confirming good tread, I'm uncertain about the cause of these issues. Should I seek assistance from a Tesla service center or a discount tire to diagnose and address this problem? Does anyone know what this could be?😭 sincerely a scared 23 year old woman
Best is to make a service appointment with Tesla and have them check. Gravel could have gone into the suspension components

Upvote 0
my car emitted a concerning sound reminiscent of a struggling accelerator, accompanied by a sensation as if I had run over something, despite the car moving forward. There was also a strong burnt plastic or rubber smell, which dissipated upon returning to the concrete road.

Sounds and smells don't transmit well over ASCII.

Now, I'm experiencing a wobbly sensation and reduced traction while driving.

What does that "reduced traction" mean?

Should I seek assistance from a Tesla service center or a discount tire to diagnose and address this problem?

Short answer is - yes.
Take the car to a Tesla SC.

But, please, come up with a more precise description of your ongoing problem, so that they can reproduce and validate what's bothering you.
"Reduced traction" is far too vague.
a

Upvote 0
Sounds and smells don't transmit well over ASCII.

What does that "reduced traction" mean?

Short answer is - yes.
Take the car to a Tesla SC.

But, please, come up with a more precise description of your ongoing problem, so that they can reproduce and validate what's bothering you.
"Reduced traction" is far too vague.
a
thank you!! I literally don’t know how else to explain it 😭 I’m sure tesla sc will understand once they drive it for sure

Upvote 0