Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental EC DWS06 installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just replaced my stock Michelin MX's with some Conti DWS06's in stock 18 " sizing.

First impressions are very positive. The car feels more planted and the ride quality has definitely improved, feels more comfortable. This is the way the car should have come from the factory.

The tire shop guy insisted that I should return the Contis back to Tire Rack and buy Goodyears from his store instead. He claimed the Contis would be very loud because they don't have acoustic foam. He even made me sign something that said I was warned.

• Funny
Reactions: fancrazy7 and KenC
So you like the Continentals but the tire shop tells you to return them and buy Goodyear from him because of foam!? FWIW I HATE Goodyear tires and was never satisfied with them for road noise, wear, comfort. I have owned DWS installed on a Benz and I LOVED them. Great all-season tire! Drove that Benz 190K before unloading it.

Ya can you believe that? I felt like I was at a shady used car dealership. The guy was trying to argue with me about it. Then later on the techs seemed confused about how to jack the car up and the the whole process took almost 3 hours. Anyways, live and learn.

BTW, I've used the DWS on my Lexus LS and had a great experience before.

Just replaced my stock Michelin MX's with some Conti DWS06's in stock 18 " sizing.

First impressions are very positive. The car feels more planted and the ride quality has definitely improved, feels more comfortable. This is the way the car should have come from the factory.

The tire shop guy insisted that I should return the Contis back to Tire Rack and buy Goodyears from his store instead. He claimed the Contis would be very loud because they don't have acoustic foam. He even made me sign something that said I was warned.

When someone tries to pull some stuff like that, ask them for the data sheets specifying what the decibel levels are for each of the tires so you can verify the claims.

That usually shuts people up that are making up statistics on the fly.