Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complimentary camera upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't request camera upgrades right now (unless you want to pay for them yourself). You have to wait until you are invited.
My car is in for several service items and they were/are willing to do the camera upgrade. I declined since they said they needed to update my software to v11. I told them to do it if they can find a way to do so without updating the software.

They are only needed for FSD beta currently. You need to have purchased FSD. See Full Self-Driving Computer Installations.
The updated cameras are also needed for autopark with painted lines. I am more excited for that then FSD beta. I want to be able to autopark when i get home every day from work. FSD is a long ways away from me being excited for it or able to trust it, but that is a different topic of conversation...

After much begging, pleading (and occasional threatening), I have finally been promised installation of complimentary upgrade cameras on my 2017S this month. My question is what performance differences should I notice with my new cameras - especially regarding the side-view mirrors and a traffic approaching from the rear? TIA