Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not really a tent, it is a lightweight metal building. They are not painting in "the tent". The paint is not going to be "wet" in final assembly. There are plenty of videos of the interior factory if you are curious about this stuff.

I don't know why people assume that the dust is getting in while the car is being painted. It's much more likely that the body is coming into the paint shop dirty and they just don't have the right processes in place to properly clean it before painting. It's still a problem they need to fix, but has nothing to do with tents or the environment inside the paint shop.

I don't know why people assume that the dust is getting in while the car is being painted. It's much more likely that the body is coming into the paint shop dirty and they just don't have the right processes in place to properly clean it before painting. It's still a problem they need to fix, but has nothing to do with tents or the environment inside the paint shop.
i assumed because i’ve seen the Tesla paint process of completeing submerging the car body in liquid prior to painting. i obviously do not know much about the production line or tent, but i do know there is gritty material under/in my paint...oh well.

nothing like reserving a loaner, expecting an EV loaner, and being told there are no loaners avaiable when i arrive and then to be driven to Hertz to receive a dirty and pretty marked up Nissan Altima with 30k miles. i have heard others are given luxury cars - BMW, Merc, Caddy. i kind of expected the same level of service as my perious cars (BMWs) or just a luxury car experience, i guess i need to reset my expectations. (so many people rave about Tesla's customer service, i am not seeing it from pre-delivery experience, delivery experience, to how they handled my windhshield, to setting up my appotinment, to dropping my car off -- i hope they send me a survey so i can provide honest and construct criticism...like my previous car alawys did after service)

They haven't even gotten through all of the 3/31 reservation holders and barely dipped into the 4/1 people so I'd say you've got a couple of weeks of waiting minimum at this point before you get a VIN or more information.

I ordered 4/1 and I don't expect to hear from them before middle of this month for a DBM/black car... I'm still waffling on switching the interior to white since I know that will be a higher priority build and might get fulfilled earlier next month.

I got email from Delivery manager on 09/06 ~10 hrs after i posted on this forum ;)

Colorado Springs. MSM, non-P AWD, 18" Aero, no EAP, black interior.

(Will probably add EAP imminently - sports season for my kids has started, and I'm already sick of driving to Denver for games - not to mention the Monument-Castle Rock construction about to start).

Reserved 4/3/16. Ordered 6/29/18. No email yet, still have an Edit button. Getting anxious as I see my fellow Coloradans getting their emails, some who even reserved after me.

Have y’all tried calling in or asking for a different internal advisor? I know they’re swamped and all, but not getting the financials ironed out less than a week away from delivery is not confidence inspiring. I’ve seen some people post great responsiveness and quick turn around, while I’m 100% sure I’ve done more work to get this car delivered that my ISA has. Some have stated they called in and got movement on theirs so it might be worth a shot for some of y’all.

I'm confirmed for a Friday 9/28 morning delivery.

I've been searching this thread as well as all threads to see what experiences people have with paying with ACH at the time of delivery. I'd like to hold my money for leverage in case there happens to be something wrong with the car severe enough that I would refuse delivery. While I know Tesla would like the money in hand, it seems odd to pay in full prior to seeing or taking possession of a car. I'd appreciate hearing about how recent Aug/Sep deliveries go both in terms of car quality and if ACH at delivery continues to be seamless.

I'm confirmed for a Friday 9/28 morning delivery.

I've been searching this thread as well as all threads to see what experiences people have with paying with ACH at the time of delivery. I'd like to hold my money for leverage in case there happens to be something wrong with the car severe enough that I would refuse delivery. While I know Tesla would like the money in hand, it seems odd to pay in full prior to seeing or taking possession of a car. I'd appreciate hearing about how recent Aug/Sep deliveries go both in terms of car quality and if ACH at delivery continues to be seamless.
Consider just going with a cashiers check?

Reactions: P3D_Denver
Consider just going with a cashiers check?

Ya, I might just do that based on feedback I see here (or if I don't see any definitive feedback). Two small reasons have me prefer ACH over cashiers check: 1) I'm not confident the amount I owe is exactly correct in my order summary page, and duh, now that I look at it is says "estimated", and 2) the hassle of going to pick up and then possibly return a cashiers check.

Again, those are pretty minor. If the exact amount isn't available in my account a couple of days before the delivery, perhaps I can get a cashiers check for close to the correct amount and pay the remaining balance of $0 to $2000 with a check or credit card. Anyone do that? Or am I over-thinking this? My last 3 cars purchased at a dealer were paid at time of sale with a personal check.

Ya, I might just do that based on feedback I see here (or if I don't see any definitive feedback). Two small reasons have me prefer ACH over cashiers check: 1) I'm not confident the amount I owe is exactly correct in my order summary page, and duh, now that I look at it is says "estimated", and 2) the hassle of going to pick up and then possibly return a cashiers check.

Again, those are pretty minor. If the exact amount isn't available in my account a couple of days before the delivery, perhaps I can get a cashiers check for close to the correct amount and pay the remaining balance of $0 to $2000 with a check or credit card. Anyone do that? Or am I over-thinking this? My last 3 cars purchased at a dealer were paid at time of sale with a personal check.
if you are short you have a personal check on deck, if you are over they cut you a check in about 1 month.

I hear you on this! I'm trying without much success trying to get in touch with my ISA. I want the MVPA to be final and completed like it should be prior to delivery. It'll make it smoother for everyone but especially on my own peace of mind.

Third Party Financing. when I talked to my USAA bank today, they said they work with TESLA. They asked me to find out who to make the check out to (I read on this forum, probably Tesla Inc), how Tesla wants it (ACH or bank check), and what address to use. USAA said Tesla uses several addresses, presumably based on delivery location.

Anyone have experience with this in Colorado? Thanks