Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado partial wrap vendor suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I had unrealistic expectations of the cost of a front end wrap but I don't want to give up on it yet. I just got my Model 3 two days ago and I had pre-scheduled an appointment with Nylund's Collision Center on Santa Fe to get it done right after delivery. The guy that I talked to was friendly and helpful and, when I went to drop the car off, he said that if he took the job, he was going to sub-contract it to IDS at Broadway & Mineral so he sent me there directly instead. We had only talked by email beforehand and he had given me some prices that were around $1,200 for what I had described. I have never had this kind of work done so I didn't realize it was so expensive. This was kind of at the upper end of what it was worth to me but I was still ready to do it.

When I got to IDS, we discussed in more detail exactly what it would entail to do what I wanted. They had a package that included the front bumper, the entire hood, both headlights, both front fenders and the fronts of the A-pillars for $2K. Not including the headlights and A-pillars, I thought this was what I had discussed with Nylund's over email for around $1,200. The guy at IDS showed me some of their work and it looked very good. They have good reviews online and I got a good impression of their shop but I had sticker shock at $2K. He said that the $1,200 price would have only included a 2 ft. strip at the front of the hood and fenders. I don't like that idea because of the seam. I don't think much protection is needed behind that point but the look of the seam turns me off. He offered to do it for $1,800 but I just couldn't swallow the price so I decided not to do it. I feel a little bad about it because they had blocked out the following day to work on my car but I just couldn't swallow the price.

So, I drove it home (to Brighton) and have been enjoying the car (understatement :D) for the last couple of days. The bugs are out in full force right now and the front bumper is coated with bugs. Once winter weather starts, that's what the sand is going to look like so I still think I might still do at least the front bumper only. But, with the angles of everything, I think the first few feet of the hood and the fronts of the fenders are going to get blasted too. The front of the A-pillars and the mirrors also seem like a good idea.

Anyway, I'm going to drive around and get some quotes over the next few weeks. As I said at the start of this post, I'm getting the impression that my ~$1K budget is unrealistic so I might need to reconsider the seam on the hood and/or trying a DIY solution. Do any of you know of any places, in the northern suburbs if possible, that do good work that are worth pricing out? I know that you get what you pay for but I could probably get the front of the car repainted for $2K and I have a body shop in Brighton that has done excellent work for me in the past.