Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collision with a Deer on motorway. HELP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had exactly the same collision with a Deer over a year ago and am also insured by Direct Line. In my case they decided it was a No Fault Claim since I did nothing wrong so I would definitely challenge their decision. Can't comment on the Repairer but Tesla Parts tend to have a long lead time, my repair took 3 Months.

well, I cannot speak for other countries, in the US striking an animal is a driver fault claim. it is no different (as an example only) from striking a pedestrian. You are required when driving to anticipate circumstances such as animals or objects in the road and to drive and appropriate speed, so as avoid them. Please consider yourself lucky that you were not injured.
In some European countries, the highway operator or the forest district is responsible for an accident with an animal if there are no warning signs about wild animals on the road.

Reactions: speedyranger74
A friend's Hyundai EV was rear ended by a London bus. The repairers have been waiting more than a month already for a tailgate. Another friend waited three months for his CRV to be mended.
In both cases brand new hire cars were provided of at least like quality.
Conclusions:The delay in car part supply is not exclusively a Tesla issue. Neither is the ubiquity of the issue a valid excuse for Tesla - we expect better!
Secondly, we are all paying for these extended period car hire charges through ever rising premiums.

It would be nice if the motorists' new best friend the PM, would commission an inquiry into the motor insurance industry.
I suspect he's heavily invested in the insurance market. More cars on the road, more policies sold, larger profits for the companies.

3 pages and not a single 'Oh deer' gag.. disappointed

We, like the deer, did have a close shave but no one seemed to have picked up on it...

oh dear…..

(sorry couldn’t resist and surprised no one else had done it.)

I doubt Novo will be of much use unless they plan to take the deer to court to recoup the costs (if they can find and identify it).

I assume its the one wandering around using an antler as a crutch...

Or was served up by Heston Blumenthal a few days back as a special at https://www.hindsheadbray.com/

as an aside - while absolutley push for a better car if you want one - I'd have thought colleagues etc wouldn't give a toss, its a courtesy car during an accident, not your full time vehicle
It's the clients I'm worried about, not colleagues.
I'm in a business where appearances do matter quite a bit, regardless of how shallow that is and sounds. I often get annoyed at the shallowness of it all, but it pays the bills and gets me a Tesla that I love! 😅