Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coda Automotive (formerly Miles Automotive Group)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the Coda store in Century City today
IMG_2943[1].JPG
IMG_2950[1].JPG
Yummy cupcakes across the way!

Just stumbled across this at http://dailybreeze.kaango.com/ad-db-2-11-notice-of-warehouse-lien-sale-please-take-notice-that-in-accordance-with-california-commercial/21594506:

DB 2-11 Notice Of Warehouse Lien Sale Please take notice that, in accordance with California Commercial...
Source: Torrance Daily Breeze

Description

DB 2-11 Notice Of Warehouse Lien Sale Please take notice that, in accordance with California Commercial Code Sections 7209 and 7210, notice having been givien to all parties believed to claim an interest and the time specified for payment in the notice having expired, the undersigned is entitled to a warehouse lien against a quantity of 178 GE Level II EVSE Wall Unit Vehicle Chargers now situated at Custom Goods, LLC 1035 Watson Center Road, CA 90745. The party claiming interest is CODA Automotive, Inc,. Take further notice that that the goods will be sold at public auction for removal only at 9:00am on February 19, 2013 at Custom Goods, LLC, located at 1035 Watson Center Road, Carson, CA 90745. In order to prevent the goods from being sold at the noticed sale, the amount of $56,929.07 must be paid prior to sale date, the amount owed to Custom Goods, LLC for warhouseing services. This amount includes storage and handling charges, publication charges and incidental charges incurred. Additional amounts incurred may be added to this amount, as provided in the Commercial Code. Custom Goods, LLC 1035 Watson Center Road, CA 90745, Att: Billy Cathcart Published: February 5, 12, 2013

Odd that it looks like they just stopped paying all their bills. I figure you should be able to tell that you're not going to be able to pay ahead of time, and then take action... plan for bankruptcy or whatever else can be done. Not just wait to get sued, the utilities to be shut off, and your stuff repossessed.

Odd that it looks like they just stopped paying all their bills. I figure you should be able to tell that you're not going to be able to pay ahead of time, and then take action... plan for bankruptcy or whatever else can be done. Not just wait to get sued, the utilities to be shut off, and your stuff repossessed.

That's how a responsible company would work. But if you do file for bankruptcy and you're a startup, don't expect any more people to buy your cars. They probably just figured if they just stopped paying their bills they might be able to sell a few (one or two) more cars.

There's a powerful force in the universe called "denial".

... a quantity of 178 GE Level II EVSE Wall Unit Vehicle Chargers now situated at Custom Goods, LLC 1035 Watson Center Road, CA 90745. The party claiming interest is CODA Automotive, Inc,. Take further notice that that the goods will be sold at public auction for removal only at 9:00am on February 19, 2013 at Custom Goods, LLC, located at 1035 Watson Center Road, Carson, CA 90745. In order to prevent the goods from being sold at the noticed sale, the amount of $56,929.07 must be paid prior to sale date
So I'm assuming these are the GE WattStations that Coda was giving as an incentive.

CODA_Hp_Slide_5-2-28.jpg

They're available at Amazon for $900. GE WattStation Wall Mount - Level 2 EV Charger - 7.2kW, 30A : Amazon.com : Automotive

So Coda has to pay $57K to recover $160K of value. They'd better get their act together.

Hmmm... I kept meaning to go down there to get a test drive.
I test drove it at AltCar Expo last year (yes, I drove down to So Cal, mainly for the show). I was underwhelmed.

Out of the BEVs, EREVs and FCVs I drove, it was the 2nd to worst and a far cry in refinement to the Leaf, Focus Electric and Rav4 EV.

I haven't been in the area of that Silicon Valley dealership in ages, so I don't know if it's really closed. But, I don't see Coda listed at Del Grande Dealer Group | New Chevrolet, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru, Volkswagen, Fiat, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in San Jose, CA 95136 now.

Last edited: