Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

climate turning on (I'm not in car) - we did not initiate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GREETINGS!
(first post - I did do a quick scan with search function.)

I am using a beta version of Stats (iOS maadotaa / QuickTesla) and I have the push notifications to alert me if/when the Climate turns on and I'm not in the car. A few times over the past week (I've been beta testing since 6/12) I've received the alert "Climate is on" ... yet me nor my wife did not initiate remotely.

Today, the outside temp according to Stats was 64deg, and the car was attempting to hold interior temp at 70deg which was most likely the temp my wife had the car at on her drive to work today. Which then contributed to a "phantom drain" of ~5 miles and 1% over just a few hours.

Why would the car initiate Climate Control? I wouldn't think the battery management system would be trying to warm the car to warm the batteries. I told the car to turn off Climate via the iOS Tesla app.

The Stats developer assures me that his app would not initiate climate control. any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance with any insight.
TGF

Outside temp != Interior car temp, especially on a sunny day and in lower latitudes.

I've seen my car get over 120F on a 70F day due to sunlight, so perhaps its just the automatic cabin overheat protection.

Outside temp != Interior car temp, especially on a sunny day and in lower latitudes.

I've seen my car get over 120F on a 70F day due to sunlight, so perhaps its just the automatic cabin overheat protection.

I've seen interior get up over 120F as well. I can't be "overheat protection" as it's currently only 67F today where my wife is parked. Stats app provides inside and outside temp readings, and it's not sunny or warm here in the Seattle area today. When this happened and I opened the Tesla app, it showed red arrows in the graphic for climate control, indicating it was warming the interior of the car.