Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks JJ.
Once again Tesla "knows" what you want even if you don't want it
The temperature you set is a target temp, and the car will run both the heat and the AC as needed to try to hit that temp. Its not the same thing as a home AC system. Of the things that they have automated that I dont particularly agree with, this isnt one of them.

Thanks JJ.
Once again Tesla "knows" what you want even if you don't want it
Sorry, but are there any vehicles that exist with thermostatic control as you describe? This sounds more like an advanced setting from a Nest or Ecobee smart home thermostat than a feature that cars have.

The Tesla, along with many other makes, has rock solid auto climate control. Set it and forget it. There's nothing unique here.

The Tesla Model Y heat pump system has the capability to heat the cabin air via the heat exchanger while at the same time cooling the cabin air via the evaporator. It seems counter productive but in fact this enables the Tesla Model Y's climate control system to maintain a comfortable cabin temperature while controlling the humidity level.

Reactions: Big Earl
Thanks guys.
An issue that I have is when I have Climate and Seat Heater OFF, the back of the drivers seat gets warm and it also feels like warm air is coming out of the (front) vents.
I am not concerned with warm air, if it's cold outside, I wear a jacket.
What I am concerned with is Cool air that I try to initiate by calling for "Enable AC Low"
It feels like warm air is coming out of the vents.

Thanks guys.
An issue that I have is when I have Climate and Seat Heater OFF, the back of the drivers seat gets warm and it also feels like warm air is coming out of the (front) vents.
What I am concerned with is Cool air that I try to initiate by calling for "Enable AC Low"
Sometimes there can be some bleed through of heated or cooled air to the passenger cabin when the thermal management system is using the heat pump to maintain an optimal battery temperature.

Thanks guys.
Didn’t you already have a thread going with the similar questions? Many gave you advice which seemed correct. If you are fixated on enable low yes you will have climate temp creep. Find a temperature you like and set it to auto. Done. And might I suggest if your back is warm, stop wearing a jacket in the car? The days of ”more Blue, add a little red” temp settings is finally over thank goodness. Like my home, set temperature and forget where the thermostat is.

• Disagree
Reactions: beachmiles