Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clarification on what comes with new teslas for charging (before and after April 17)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered at the end of Feb (2/28). Was told I would get a mobile connector. unlike many, I already have a 50 amp 14-50 outlet (for our rv). i have heard that people will get a credit instead if they ordered before April. Also, I like many, recently switched to the MYP. I am hoping that doesn’t change my timeline for a connector.

So my question is this. What will I get, and what will I need to get? I also have a charge point station at work which will require an adapter. Will I need to purchase that or will I get one with my MYP?

So I ordered at the end of Feb (2/28). Was told I would get a mobile connector. unlike many, I already have a 50 amp 14-50 outlet (for our rv). i have heard that people will get a credit instead if they ordered before April. Also, I like many, recently switched to the MYP. I am hoping that doesn’t change my timeline for a connector.

So my question is this. What will I get, and what will I need to get? I also have a charge point station at work which will require an adapter. Will I need to purchase that or will I get one with my MYP?
Since you changed your original order for a Long Range Model Y (order date 2/28/2022) to a Performance Model (new order date) you may not receive the Mobile Connector kit with your vehicle purchase. The good news is that the Mobile Connector kit is now less expensive than before ($200 US) and will include the NEMA 5-15 (standard 120V plug) and the NEMA 14-50 plug adapters.

The Tesla vehicle still comes with the Tesla SAE J1772 adapter that enables you to charge your Tesla vehicle at any Level 1 / Level 2 charging station (typically public Level 2 charging means charging at, 200V to 208V and 30 amps.) You would use the Tesla SAE J1772 adapter when charging at work using the Chargepoint charging station.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Since you changed your original order for a Long Range Model Y (order date 2/28/2022) to a Performance Model (new order date) you may not receive the Mobile Connector kit with your vehicle purchase. The good news is that the Mobile Connector kit is now less expensive than before ($200 US) and will include the NEMA 5-15 (standard 120V plug) and the NEMA 14-50 plug adapters.

The Tesla vehicle still comes with the Tesla SAE J1772 adapter that enables you to charge your Tesla vehicle at any Level 1 / Level 2 charging station (typically public Level 2 charging means charging at, 200V to 208V and 30 amps.) You would use the Tesla SAE J1772 adapter when charging at work using the Chargepoint charging station.
I just talked to a SA and he told me that i should still get the mobile connector kit and changing the configuration should not affect that. He also assured me that my date WILL change for sure to a much sooner date (like august, early sept at the latest). Probably the most helpful SA I talked to in a while.