Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicopee, MA Electrify America DCFC site opening 4-25-18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RubberToe

Supporting the greater good
Jun 28, 2012
El Lay
There is a new Electrify America press release out today. They announced several new DCFC partners. The biggest news is that there is going to be a "First Charging" ceremony at the first location they are lighting up! This is two days from now on 4-25-18. Some of y'all need to head down there to get in line and lets gets some reports of how this latest Tesla Killing charger deployment is working.

The Chicopee, Ma. Fire Department has agreed to station several of their trucks within hosing distance and will be ready at a moments notice. Charge at your own risk !

eaopening_zps84vdkrqj.jpg

Any souls brave enough to plug into one of these chargers please report back and let us all know how it went. Be sure and update all your car and medical insurance before Wednesday.

RT

This is nearby - a rather odd choice. From Chicopee, there are two superchargers within 15-20 miles (West Springfield & South Hadley, MA) and four more within 30-35 (Lee & Mt Auburn MA, West Hartford & Manchester CT). And that doesn't include those the Boston/Cape Cod area.
I'll try to stop by to see what's "cooking", but I don't think my 2017 MS90D will be able to drink from that fire hose.

Just saw this online.
"Electrify America’s certified cooled-cable chargers offering 350kW of power can charge a vehicle up to 20 miles per minute, which is seven times faster than today’s most commonly used DC 50kW Fast Charger. The majority of the new, larger battery EVs expected by 2020 from many manufacturers will typically use up to 150kW while at least one manufacturer will offer 320kW charging performance. All charging stations will offer a CHAdeMO1 (50kW) connector, plus additional dual-handle dispensers with CCS1 (50 to 350 kW) connectors."​

This is nearby - a rather odd choice. From Chicopee, there are two superchargers within 15-20 miles (West Springfield & South Hadley, MA) and four more within 30-35 (Lee & Mt Auburn MA, West Hartford & Manchester CT). And that doesn't include those the Boston/Cape Cod area.
I'll try to stop by to see what's "cooking", but I don't think my 2017 MS90D will be able to drink from that fire hose.
It's target market is the EVs that don't use Tesla superchargers!