Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge on Solar enabled... how to override and charge from grid when needed without disabling Charge on Solar first?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The issue is when I toggle Charge on Solar off, it's not easy to toggle Charge on Solar back on since it doesn't appear in the app all the time.
Is there a way to override and charge the car from the grid when Charge on Solar is enabled?

The issue is when I toggle Charge on Solar off, it's not easy to toggle Charge on Solar back on since it doesn't appear in the app all the time.
Is there a way to override and charge the car from the grid when Charge on Solar is enabled?
This is a problem with COS. Easiest way to do it without disabling is to move the left slider up to the charge level you want, and then start charging.

Reactions: arnolddeleon
Maybe I misunderstand the question...but would moving the "Charge Limit" 'sun' slider further to the right do what you want? When sliding that, the text says "Charge to (x)% from any source, then (y)% from solar". If you increase 'x', above the current charge level, it should charge from the grid.

Reactions: arnolddeleon
Maybe I misunderstand the question...but would moving the "Charge Limit" 'sun' slider further to the right do what you want? When sliding that, the text says "Charge to (x)% from any source, then (y)% from solar". If you increase 'x', above the current charge level, it should charge from the grid.

Thanks! How about charging to 100% from grid (for roadtrips), it seems that is not possible unless I turn off Charge on Solar :/

Reactions: IronCoffee_Max