Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge metering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish there was a feature by which it showed the total kwh of charge and logged this for each charger it identifies. This way for example I could see how many kwh the car has consumed from my home charger vs a charger I plug into at work. I could also then compare the number against what the meter at the breaker box reads (which I end up having to pay the condo assoc for). If this worked well wouldn't even have needed the power meter at the box. UI could be a screen where it shows each charger used (could be custom named) and when you touch the charger you see the log of charge sessions with all the values tallied at the top. Perhaps a button to reset the log for a charger.

Thanks for the Teslafi info, never knew a site like that existed and it does appear to answer one of my desires, kinda. It sure does seem like something Tesla should have, a web interface on their website when you login that shows a more complete variant of what they show in their iOS apps and to include full historic logging and charge and trip data. It doesn't seem like it would be hard for them to add charge logging to the app. I would be happy to see it in the car ui as well. Outside of the in-car UI and the iOS apps, do they have a web-based interface to your car somewhere I haven't seen yet? That would be super useful so I could check and turn on the car systems like from work when I forgot to bring my phone.

Will trial this Teslafi for a week before deciding if it is worth the $50 a year but it seems like it might be assuming it actually works reliably.