Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing bottom seat cushion?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of mine had the seat bottom on drivers side replaced by the SC, a technician put an awl in the seat and punctured it.
According my friend it just pops out and is replace in seconds.
Can you give me a ballpark cost for the replacement? I bought a used 2020 M3LR and the drivers seat is very stained with blue jeans. I don’t want to buy a seat cover set for just the drivers seat bottom.

They wanted $775 -
185 for diagnosis
110 for install
440 for the part

The weird thing is that the original estimate was only 220 for the seat cushion bottom, but then they told me its the wrong one and have to order the right one for my car. I suspect that this may be because I have the "original" model 3 seats which have slightly different stitching. If its easy enough to install then I am going to by my own "newer style" bottom seat cushion and hope that the connectors are all the same.

Thanks, yes I saw that. It is definitely doable but I don't think I'll have the time to do it. I am asking the SC if they are willing to put in the 'newer' cushion since it costs half as much. Otherwise I am SOL (my bottom cushion seat heater stopped working)