Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change in stamp duty exemption in NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, when i was playing around with the highland m3 config i noticed there was 0 stamp duty when i maxed the config (ultra red, white interior, upgraded wheels). Has there been a change in the exemption threshold ?

I ordered on Dec 01 and was stamp duty exempt.

My delivery was impacted with the bug ship that was turned back to China and I was allocated a new vehicle.

Now my stamp duty has been added on to my "final invoice' (my 9th "final invoice" so far)

However they say that any orders made in 2023 are still exempt but now need to be claimed after delivery. Annoying cause it puts my lease payments up etc but it is what it is.

However they say that any orders made in 2023 are still exempt but now need to be claimed after delivery. Annoying cause it puts my lease payments up etc but it is what it is.
You might actually be coming out ahead on the deal, because you're effectively paying the stamp duty with tax-free income through the lease then getting it refunded, also without having to pay tax on it. Just stick the refund in an interest-bearing account, or pay down another loan if you have one.

You might actually be coming out ahead on the deal, because you're effectively paying the stamp duty with tax-free income through the lease then getting it refunded, also without having to pay tax on it. Just stick the refund in an interest-bearing account, or pay down another loan if you have one.
Oh yeah that’s true !!! Maybe it’s not so bad after all