Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHADEMO ADAPTER

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drivers, looking to see who has used a CHADEMO adapter...here in Japan it's handy to have, I'll have one shortly, have to go to the shop and get the software update.

Seeing if there is anyone who have used it, and what were your results.

I'm aware in the US CHADEMO is dying, but here in JAPAN, it's going to be around longer than that Blockbuster Video in Oregon.

I've used my Chademo adapter quite a bit over the years, although not so much lately. I still carry it, though. It charges at a lower power level than what we're getting used to with the current version of superchargers, but still comes in handy in a pinch.
Thanx for the reply, at current there's like I believe 2000 Superchargers here in japan, and over 10,000 chademo, so on more adventurous trips, 30 min at CHADEMO will help, plus on the highway rest stop all have chargers, and they are like little villages

Reactions: cwerdna
I never got my CHAdeMo working in the USA, but I’ve used it quite a bit in Canada. 50kw is slow, but better than walking.

Japan has faster CHAdeMo than USA.
not only is CHADEMO FASTER (50KW) every charger i've used in the last 2 years have worked...not playing the shakey 8 ball like electrify america...I did come across two chademo chargers that were down, infront of the NISSAN factory...

Drivers, looking to see who has used a CHADEMO adapter...here in Japan it's handy to have, I'll have one shortly, have to go to the shop and get the software update.

Seeing if there is anyone who have used it, and what were your results.

I'm aware in the US CHADEMO is dying, but here in JAPAN, it's going to be around longer than that Blockbuster Video in Oregon.
hiroshiy at Japan was first I've knew of. He got one in Japan before they even went on sale in the US. If he's in Tokyo, you two may not be that far apart. (I've been to Japan 7 or 8x for vacation and of course have been to Tokyo. Have been to Yokohama a few times, including in late 2023. Dropped by briefly at Nissan HQ again.)

He let out some magic smoke at Japan. :) RayK in the US at CHAdeMO Charging the Model 3 plus a few others like CHAdeMO Adapter Firmware Update Available.

• Love
Reactions: Dangaurd_Ace
hiroshiy at Japan was first I've knew of. He got one in Japan before they even went on sale in the US. If he's in Tokyo, you two may not be that far apart. (I've been to Japan 7 or 8x for vacation and of course have been to Tokyo. Have been to Yokohama a few times, including in late 2023. Dropped by briefly at Nissan HQ again.)

He let out some magic smoke at Japan. :) RayK in the US at CHAdeMO Charging the Model 3 plus a few others like CHAdeMO Adapter Firmware Update Available.
I've shot him a few messages, no reply yet. I'm in the kanagawa area, but go to yokohama now and then.

Nissan HQ is pretty cool to visit. I remember in 2010 when they unveiled the leaf and this new high speed charger that the world will use.

it's great there's two brand new Super chargers in this area, the opening event had four tesla models to play with.

Someone showed with a roadster for like 5 min then left.

Recent road trip we were glad to have the Chademo, we would have made to our destination, but map system we were also using took us up a mountain 50 miles 80km out of the way, so hit the CHADEMO, snacks, bio-break, dog sniff tour.

Hopefully Plugshare (app and web site) are used by folks in Japan. in the US, if you use non-Tesla public charging, Plugshare is an absolute must, unless you want to end up at a place with broken or unreliable charging stations.
plugshare out here is about 60% accurate, I spend a lot of time either moving THE ORANGE ICON, or updating google maps. Also about 500 fast ""FREE"" chargers have been deactivated, so I try and update 3 chargers a day out here so anyone road tripping will have accuracy.
some chargers are together inbound/outbound, and if you plan a route in plugshare it may try to re-route you, so I A) fix location, B) add a note to get there.
Also, A better Route Planner isn't to good here, so on both other cars we had to long hand a route...but never felt unconfident a CHADEMO charger is going to be down.

Update to my Supercharger number here in japan, there's 200 chargers total, some single towers some with as many as 10. what is reported is "TESLA HAS INSTALLED IT'S 50TH SUPERCHARGER" but that is a number for a whole bank of chargers.
CHADEMO still outnumbers greatly due to a number of circumstances...and there is a ping pong affect if japan will adopt the TESLA/NACS connector in the near future considering what the country put into development of CHADEMO....

totally off topic, and one of my cars is CHADEMO---