Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car knows home routine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car setting to fold mirrors, and not to use Sentry mode. I wish it would also allow me to remove charging cable and not limit the trunk lid height when I'm not at home.. hit my head about 20 times already, mostly where it could be full open. Maybe I'm missing a user settings page.

Another odd thing is.

I have my home address set, the car charges there more often than not....

About 5 miles from where i live, there is a Tesla Supercharger, i regularily drive home from somewhere with a projected SOT of about 5% when i get home, and i will plug it in when i get home, but as soon as i go past the supercharger on my way home, it starts telling me i must plan a route to a charger because i am "almost out of range of all known chargers"

Would be REALLY nice if i would be able to set a tickbox "I have a home charger" so that the car does not start nagging me about going to a known charger, when i have one at home, just waiting for the car to be plugged in when i get there and it kind of knows i am going there, as the navigation is usually set to my home address so that the wife can check my location and projected arrival time (To know if it is likely i will be home for dinner).

It can be no surprise i have a charger at home, most often it is actually charged there and the car knows i am going there as well.

I wish it would also allow me to remove charging cable and not limit the trunk lid height when I'm not at home..
I had a thread like quite a while back. You can simply push the hatch higher by hand when you're away from home. What do you mean allow you to remove the charging cable? You push the button and the second it turns white, you pull.