Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't wait for Model X - what's the best PHEV SUV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Outlander isn't sold in the US. X5 40e was supposed to arrive in Q4 but still isn't shown on their website. The Audi Q6 etron doesn't have a release date either.
So is the Cayenne the only PHEV available right now?

Take a look at Audi, BMW, Kia, Porsche, and Volvo ... http://insideevs.com/compare-plug-ins/

EV-comparison-v83-11142015-750x591.png

The Outlander isn't sold in the US. X5 40e was supposed to arrive in Q4 but still isn't shown on their website. The Audi Q6 etron doesn't have a release date either.
So is the Cayenne the only PHEV available right now?

Outlander 2016 PHEV is only 5 months away, by far the best EV range at the moment, available in all major car markets today except US. Coming in May 2016 to NA:

First drive: the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV | Top Gear

2016 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV At The Frankfurt Motor Show

I would also argue a real bargain compared to most competitors.

The Outlander PHEV has been "coming soon" to the US for longer than the Model X. Until they actually start delivering them, there's no guarantee they won't delay it yet again.

I have seen the X5 40e on the road so they should be available now. While I find the XC90 T8 more appealing, the premium they charge for the PHEV seems hard to justify. The X5 40e seems to keep the price better in line with the benefit received versus other models in the line. The Build & Price has been available on BMW's website for at least a month or two now, so I'm not sure why you couldn't find it.

Volvo XC90?
Forgot about that one. Need to take a look...

- - - Updated - - -

The Outlander PHEV has been "coming soon" to the US for longer than the Model X. Until they actually start delivering them, there's no guarantee they won't delay it yet again.

I have seen the X5 40e on the road so they should be available now. While I find the XC90 T8 more appealing, the premium they charge for the PHEV seems hard to justify. The X5 40e seems to keep the price better in line with the benefit received versus other models in the line. The Build & Price has been available on BMW's website for at least a month or two now, so I'm not sure why you couldn't find it.
Yeah, I find it hard to trust that the Outlander is coming. And I heard the X5 40e would be in the US in Q4 but it's still not on their web site.

- - - Updated - - -

Take a look at Audi, BMW, Kia, Porsche, and Volvo ... http://insideevs.com/compare-plug-ins/

EV-comparison-v83-11142015-750x591.png
That table is perfect. It show the sad small batteries that the PHEVs have - but at least it's all in one place. Thanks