Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't get charging port door open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine also just did it for the first time this weekend (car is 2.5 weeks old). warm day, i pressed the button, it clicked but didn't open.

pressed the UMC button again, nothing happened.

pressed the 'open charge port' button on the screen, nothing happened.

noticed that the image of the car on the screen / dashboard showed that it was open, though it was not open. but the car thought it was, which explains why it wouldn't try to re-open it.

started the car, turned it back off, and it worked. i'll keep an eye on it; will get SC involved if this continues.

This happens to me on occasion, especially after bad weather. I just use the corner of a credit card to pry it open. Easy to do. My car is in for service today and this is on my check list.

Open the charge port door by pressing the door itself doesn't work anymore :(

As far as I know the newer cars support 5 different ways how to open the charge port door.

1) From the on screen controls
2) From the app
3) From the button on a Tesla charge connector
4) Pressing and holding the trunk button on the rear of the fob
5) Pressing the charge port door itself

The ones I was using all the time is #5. Since the last firmware upgrade, #5 is not working anymore (all the other options are still working).

Does anybody else has the same experience?

Thanks BertL!

It looks like something fell of my charge port door. I just taped a little ball of crumpled paper (Papierknöllchen in German) on that door and it seems with this I'm able to engage the opening button when I press on the closed door. Maybe ... if you have time ... you can check quickly whether the backside of your charge port door looks different than mine (see pic below) ... thanks

IMG_2927.jpeg

Thanks BertL!

It looks like something fell of my charge port door. I just taped a little ball of crumpled paper (Papierknöllchen in German) on that door and it seems with this I'm able to engage the opening button when I press on the closed door. Maybe ... if you have time ... you can check quickly whether the backside of your charge port door looks different than mine (see pic below) ... thanks

Mine is the same.