Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't fast forward Sentry Mode recordings after new update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced this? I used to be able to fast forward to any part of the sentry mode clip recording. But after the latest update, the clip goes all the way to the end when you fast forward. This is getting difficult reviewing recordings without a fast forward function.

It's my understanding that they switched from H.264 to H.265 in one of the recent updates. H.265 is relatively new and not well supported by all players. If you're using Windows Media Player it's highly dependent on which system level codecs you have installed and functionality can vary wildly from one format to the next. If you use something like VLC which has it's own internal codecs you'll get a more consistent experience.

Reactions: CarterStC
It's my understanding that they switched from H.264 to H.265 in one of the recent updates.....
HW3 has always been writing in HEVC (H.265). I don't think HW2.5 has the chip set to write in HEVC and can only do AVC. So not sure if there has been any change unless the OP bought a new car.

I have HW3/writing HEVC been using TeslaCam Video WebApp Player and it doesn't have any problems playing HEVC

TeslaCam Video WebApp Player