Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot save slacker favorites after 2023 UX update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the interface to save slacker favorites is missing or hiding after the latest update. I can see my favs but no button to add new ones.
20230118_114734.jpg

Looks like the interface to save slacker favorites is missing or hiding after the latest update. I can see my favs but no button to add new ones. View attachment 897057
I’m having problems too. The update ate my stations, and I’m tr to recreate them. At the moment I’m afraid to switch from the one I’ve started as it may eat it too. Also, the radio disappeared too. Have you found a way to it?
mine is a S so it looks different from your interface.

TLDR: Hide the audio card while the full audio window is visible.

They don't have room for all the controls in the audio card. When you view the full size audio window it does not display any controls if the audio card is visible (stupid design choice). When you hide the card then the controls (all of them) appear in the full size window.

This isn't the only control that's messed up this way. For example the Repeat and Shuffle buttons for USB audio are accessed the same way.

Reactions: TheeUnderdog
I just realized that 2023.2.x added the Favorite button to the streaming music card. Frankly I think that is a step in the wrong direction: while listening to a song I don't think hitting the star icon is used enough to be useful. More likely it will be hit accidentally.

I think a much better fix is to have the music controls visible in the large window all the time and not just when the music card is hidden. Then have the card only display the most used controls that make sense for individual songs (for streaming, favorite is for a channel/station, not the song, so don't put it on the card).

TLDR: Hide the audio card while the full audio window is visible.

They don't have room for all the controls in the audio card. When you view the full size audio window it does not display any controls if the audio card is visible (stupid design choice). When you hide the card then the controls (all of them) appear in the full size window.

This isn't the only control that's messed up this way. For example the Repeat and Shuffle buttons for USB audio are accessed the same way.
Thanks for the tip. I agree it's not very intuitive