Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceling model y after putting down payment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
due to some unforeseen circumstances, I might have to cancel my model y. I already put down the down payment but didn't accept delivery of the car yet. Can I cancel and get my down payment money back since I didn't accept delivery? I am not talking about the $250 fee but the actual down payment you put on the app before delivery. Thanks!

So you can create the transfer on Plaid when you arrive and after you inspect the car? The SA wants me to make the down payment PRIOR to delivery.
All your paperwork should be done MINUS clicking the accept delivery button before you can get the car delivered. Assuming you're talking about home delivery. If you are picking it up at the service center, once you have a VIN and know who is hosting your delivery, you can go there and see if your car is there to inspect it early and be more confident about putting in that down payment.

Upvote 0
due to some unforeseen circumstances, I might have to cancel my model y. I already put down the down payment but didn't accept delivery of the car yet. Can I cancel and get my down payment money back since I didn't accept delivery? I am not talking about the $250 fee but the actual down payment you put on the app before delivery. Thanks!
Did you get the refund for your downpayment? How long did it take?

Reactions: jose3030
Upvote 0