Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Signature discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by Martin in Toronto that our Sigs would still start production right after the U.S. ones.
If they're up to 80 a day our production will only take 2.5 days. Hopefully we're still on for end of November/ early December.

Well, I think we'd all be pleased with that (Did he actually say "right" after, or just after?). It's the impression I received when I spoke to Hans a month ago, but with hedged words. Yes, I'm way too analytical right now. I will never ever wait 3.75+ months for a car again! :)

I was quite impressed that I managed to not check TMC for about 20 hours... and it was a snow day off work to boot! @mnx: you are right. Perspective is nice. :D I mean, "I feel your pain" ;)

I just got a call from Tesla, requesting confirmation of whether I wanted the rear spoiler installed or not. Apparently their system hasn't always recorded this particular piece of information correctly, so they called to confirm it. (Yes I'm taking the spoiler.)

Naturally I asked about delivery, and he told me "says here Nov/Dec, so it's right around the corner". I tried to push for more information but he basically admitted he wasn't allowed to say anything. I pointed out that I had a low-numbered Signature, to which he replied, "well then hopefully it should be sooner rather than later". Clever response - positive yet doesn't tell me anything that I didn't tell him.

My conclusions from this meager tidbit of information:

1. The reason you can't get any information whatsoever is that they're not allowed to say anything.
  2. My car hasn't been built yet
  3. If they're confirming the configuration then they must be planning to build it "soon"
  4. We'll only know when the Canadian cars are coming when the first Canadians get their delivery windows.

Well, I'm glad they're not just making up answers to make us temporarily happy like apparently some of the US reps have in the past...

I just got a call from Tesla, requesting confirmation of whether I wanted the rear spoiler installed or not. Apparently their system hasn't always recorded this particular piece of information correctly, so they called to confirm it. (Yes I'm taking the spoiler.)

Naturally I asked about delivery, and he told me "says here Nov/Dec, so it's right around the corner". I tried to push for more information but he basically admitted he wasn't allowed to say anything. I pointed out that I had a low-numbered Signature, to which he replied, "well then hopefully it should be sooner rather than later". Clever response - positive yet doesn't tell me anything that I didn't tell him.

1. The reason you can't get any information whatsoever is that they're not allowed to say anything.
  3. If they're confirming the configuration then they must be planning to build it "soon"
  4. We'll only know when the Canadian cars are coming when the first Canadians get their delivery windows.

I was told by Martin in Toronto that our Sigs would still start production right after the U.S. ones.
If they're up to 80 a day our production will only take 2.5 days. Hopefully we're still on for end of November/ early December.

I feel with all Canadians wanting to know when production of their cars is about to start. "End of U.S. signatures" would make a lot of sense since Tesla won't have to shut down the signature red painting process. But I don't see Tesla switching over production to Canadian sigs completely, since that would halt U.S. production. Imagine the news lines!

Instead I think that Canadian spec cars will be added to production at a certain percentage. And Tesla will not disclose that number, instead we must figure it from interleave of US P vs CDN Sig deliveries in hindsight. That will give a sketchy number with big error bars.

As soon as we conclude that discussion, production of European spec cars will begin - and we'll start all over :biggrin:

Hope to see your S around town Doug! So jealous!

I spoke to a U.S. customer experience rep today. He gave me the standard Nov/Dec timeframe. I said come on, we get that all the time. We weren't on George's email list and could he get a real answer. He said he would pass my concerns up the line, but that the delays in U.S. sig production were resolved and wouldn't affect our production sequence. I have also responded to George's posts here and on the Tesla forum with no response. Let's see what happens

I was called today to confirm the spoiler as well. (I'm getting it)
I asked again about our timing and the rep said lots of us are asking and they really do owe us answers.
For the first time he brought up Homologation, but it seemed like speculation as opposed to definitive information.
if that's the case I don't get it, how hard can it be to make the day time running permanently on, and show the speedo, odometer etc in kms?

Okay, now I know why Tesla is silent about Canadian cars. Tesla agents have secretly infiltrated Transport Canada HQ, along with key government officials' offices, and are working hard to eliminate the duty. And simultaneously they are altering the budget to provide a $20,000 federal instant rebate on all full EV's with ranges over 200 miles. Don't ask for sources, because then I'd have to zap you. With my Tesla coil.