Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Canadian Signature discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In other news... unnamed sources in the Tesla Administration provided this photograph of the "Canadian Signature Model S Nursery". Centred in the frame is SSL #2 (VIN S02001).

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE; CAN IT BE LONG NOW!?

Ruby in Fremont.jpg

That does not ring true, as others have said. My Roadster and all other BC Roadsters were trucked directly here from Menlo Park, and exported/imported at the Pacific Crossing from WA state.

Perhaps they were indicating this due to Toronto being the only open and functioning service centre for staging, but I happen to know that is soon to change. I know the street address and have seen photos today of the Vancouver service centre under urgent renovation, Tesla Red already on some walls.

I also asked directly how confident they were that BC Model S's would qualify for the $5k rebate, which requires a functioning physical "dealer" presence in the province, prior to delivery. The answer was "very confident."

I don't think that is right Vger. The Roadster already qualifies for the rebate so you would think that it has nothing to do with Tesla having a store in BC.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news... unnamed sources in the Tesla Administration provided this photograph of the "Canadian Signature Model S Nursery". Centred in the frame is SSL #2 (VIN S02001).

View attachment 12428

Apparently those cars have been there for two weeks though as they await approval.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the TESLA MODEL S is now listed for the Quebec's rebate (8000$) ... here is the link:

Rabais Ã* l'achat ou Ã* la location - Véhicules électriques - Véhicules admissibles

(You have to select «véhicules entièrement électrique»).

Sly

It's been listed there since at least march of this year ... i noted it in this post then

don't know when the data was updated but just noticed that the Model S has been officially registered as admissible for the Quebec rebates. It was missing for a while so I guess the good people at Tesla did the paperwork to prepare for the Quebec invasion :smile:

Montants des rabais - Programme de rabais Ã* l'achat ou Ã* la location - Véhicules électriques

View attachment 12428
Frankly this really drives me nuts.
The fact that our friggin' government is holding these up is so typical.
It could also be that Tesla under estimated the time to make our cars comply. If they really have been there for 2 weeks that's unreal. Hope they took the time to get the new software updated for us!
Maybe we should start a campaign to contact Transport Canada to try and push them?

Given that the photo was taken yesterday we can probably assume that they won't get onto a truck until next week. If it's 7-10 days for them to arrive the earliest we would see then is the week of the 17th -- assuming you have the shipping capacity to move 100+ cars to Canada on standby. As we get closer to the holidays the bureaucrats and bankers will begin to checkout for Christmas vacation. I hate to the the pessimist but with no official word on what is happening I'm beginning to think that if whatever is holding them up isn't resolved within the next week or so that we're out of luck for a 2012 delivery. An update from the Tesla folks would be nice right about now.

The last message we had from Tesla was a month ago telling us to expect an update in 2-3 weeks. I would be happy to get my car ASAP but I have to agree that we are not seeing anything until 2013 at this point. If Tesla had news they would have told us by now.

Interesting & thanks for the pic...I don't have my VIN yet, but, I might be # 2003 which could mean that one of the vehicles next to the center one is mine...the config looks right...

View attachment 12428

We don't actually know that Transport Canada is the hold-up. For all we know these cars are still in testing / burn-in.

If they ship them soon it is still possible to deliver them in 2012.

I hope that you are right. If we were getting the cars in two weeks then Tesla would be telling us. I think that the reason they haven't said anything is simply because they don't know when TC will finish the approval process.

I have been told in the past by Tesla Toronto that there would not (initially anyway) be any leasing offers for the Model S in Canada (something about Tesla wanting to preserve capital at this point which I found unrelated to begin with). I was also told that they would be offering financing by Scotiabank at 3.99%. I think many of you were told the same thing. Given that the information on getting the financing set up was taking too long for my liking, I went and arranged my own financing. Now all I need is the car!. The strange thing is I have a friend of mine (also signature) who stopped by the store in Toronto today and was told by someone who should know that only Ontario would have both a lease plan and a financing plan. Unless he completely misunderstood, that kind of information will enrage a lot of people I suspect. Has anyone else heard anything new about leasing or financing?

"I am not authorized to release that information." Seriously, I promised not to reveal the source.

i really do not mean to tease. I was lucky to get this, and debated posting it, but I thought this community would rather see some evidence of progress than none.

BTW, got first-hand confirmation today of the impending opening of the Vancouver Service Centre. The Tesla "T" is literally on the door. The location has a fenced parking lot that will hold at least 30 cars, so it would make a good staging base.