Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model Y Reveal Discussion

Will you be placing a reservation for the Model Y if applicable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else notice that when they are shooting from the back seat that the dude driving in the front looks like he is pushed way up to the front? His right knee is almost hitting the touch screen. The first shot cant be when he is on autopilot, because they are driving out of the venue and a few seconds later you can see it isn't enabled on the touchscreen. Unless its in FSD mode?? But later on when they come back in, his leg is way high too.

Also, what's the point of a 1 minute test drive? I thought there would be a bit more in depth with this video.

upload_2019-3-15_16-31-40.png

upload_2019-3-15_16-34-46.png

And the back seat looks really really cramped. Looking at the location of the seatbelts back there, and assuming its generally the same size as the 3, there will be about 12" of space behind the back seat for storage.

upload_2019-3-15_16-41-22.png

How you get in and out of the rear seats looks like its going to be a challenge. Maybe they haven't figured that out yet, but probably will have to do something like in the model X maybe? Also, I'm guessing if you have a child seat it would go in the rear? Then how easy would it be to put the kid in and out? So many questions....only time will answer I guess.

Last edited:
I suspect that they might have been waiting for Supercharger v3 to be available before doing the trans-Canada stations. There's a huge gap in coverage between Calgary and Northern Ontario that needs filling in, so hopefully that'll be v3 instead of v2.

I find this whole cross-Canada charging thing kinda bogus myself, even though it sounds logical to have full coverage. I know one person who's driven ON to BC and they did it because they were moving there permanently, wanted to keep their car and fancied the bonding trip with their brother. If you need to get across Canada in any kind of hurry, you fly, every time. Do people really think that if only we had cross-Canada charging, lots of us would be spending weeks of our lives criss-crossing the country by EV? Really? To me it's a niche route and suits ICE vehicles perfectly, not worth the investment in massive EV infrastructure. Start with better charging in and between all the major cities, routes people actually do use, a lot.

I find this whole cross-Canada charging thing kinda bogus myself, even though it sounds logical to have full coverage. I know one person who's driven ON to BC and they did it because they were moving there permanently, wanted to keep their car and fancied the bonding trip with their brother. If you need to get across Canada in any kind of hurry, you fly, every time. Do people really think that if only we had cross-Canada charging, lots of us would be spending weeks of our lives criss-crossing the country by EV? Really? To me it's a niche route and suits ICE vehicles perfectly, not worth the investment in massive EV infrastructure. Start with better charging in and between all the major cities, routes people actually do use, a lot.

It'll happen when the SEMI gains market traction. Tesla needs to help build the infrastructure to make adoption of their trucks by the major trucking companies. Even offer to retrofit their existing cabs - that'd be a good idea imho.

All those truck stops are the perfect spot to throw in a huge number of V2 and V3 SCs - let cars in if they arrive; as you said - it'll be a rare cross country trip for most working people. I imagine retirees would make the trip just for fun.

Reactions: corlaandstan
Anyone else notice that when they are shooting from the back seat that the dude driving in the front looks like he is pushed way up to the front? His right knee is almost hitting the touch screen. The first shot cant be when he is on autopilot, because they are driving out of the venue and a few seconds later you can see it isn't enabled on the touchscreen. Unless its in FSD mode?? But later on when they come back in, his leg is way high too.

Also, what's the point of a 1 minute test drive? I thought there would be a bit more in depth with this video.

And the back seat looks really really cramped. Looking at the location of the seatbelts back there, and assuming its generally the same size as the 3, there will be about 12" of space behind the back seat for storage.

How you get in and out of the rear seats looks like its going to be a challenge. Maybe they haven't figured that out yet, but probably will have to do something like in the model X maybe? Also, I'm guessing if you have a child seat it would go in the rear? Then how easy would it be to put the kid in and out? So many questions....only time will answer I guess.

On one of the videos (can’t remember which) the driver mentions that he 6’7”. It looks like it when you compare him to the front passenger.

Or you drive through America, that's also faster for most ppl that hiking it all the way through Northern Ontario.

If I understand it right, I seem to recall reading that Tesla sold around 4500 cars in Canada in January and February combined. That means that about roughly 7.5 percent of total Tesla production is sold in Canada. That’s actually significant. You would think they would develop a Chademo adapter for us poor schleps who have little access to super chargers but lots of access to Chademo.

Just sayin.

Reactions: MarcoRP
If I understand it right, I seem to recall reading that Tesla sold around 4500 cars in Canada in January and February combined. That means that about roughly 7.5 percent of total Tesla production is sold in Canada. That’s actually significant. You would think they would develop a Chademo adapter for us poor schleps who have little access to super chargers but lots of access to Chademo.

Just sayin.
CCS adapter anyone? "What the world needs now"

are you able to go into specifics? Newbie here. What about trying to build up referrals now for free supercharging?
You can't refer anyone unless you have a VIN in your account. So if this is your first Tesla which is a pre-order, you can't refer anyone.

Basically, the reservation system for Model 3 was a crapshoot at best, especially for those of us in Canada. The "existing owners" only had like a 1 week lead time to order before it was opened up to general public. Some people who ordered a car without a reservation even took delivery before those with day 1 reservations. So Tesla tied up everyone's $1k deposit for nothing.

Not only that but the cars just got cheaper after a couple months of production so there's no advantage to having an early order in.

You can't refer anyone unless you have a VIN in your account. So if this is your first Tesla which is a pre-order, you can't refer anyone.

Basically, the reservation system for Model 3 was a crapshoot at best, especially for those of us in Canada. The "existing owners" only had like a 1 week lead time to order before it was opened up to general public. Some people who ordered a car without a reservation even took delivery before those with day 1 reservations. So Tesla tied up everyone's $1k deposit for nothing.

Not only that but the cars just got cheaper after a couple months of production so there's no advantage to having an early order in.

Thanks! makes sense now. may ask for a refund in this case now, still a long time to go.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ