Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice...Curious to see how it goes. I got my confirmation last thurday for last friday but was cancelled a few hours later as it was still on a train. I'm scheduled for this Friday (also oakville...inventory order july 7 M3LR)
Fingers crossed that it all goes well. I'm booked for tomorrow at 4pm at Oakville for my MYLR.

Here's my story:

Pickup: Oakville ON
Original Order: MYLR5-W-W-19-Tow
OD: 5/22
ODD: May-June
EDD (6/9): June-July: Changed config to MYLR5-W-BLK-19-Tow (no more white seat following order cancellation email)
EDD (6/14): 7/27-8/31
EDD (6/27): 8/16-8/25 (VIN assigned)
EDD (7/3): 8/4-8/18
EDD (8/1): 8/23-8/28
EDD (8/9): 8/15-8/29
EDD (8/15): 8/18-8/27
Schedule Delivery Email/Text on 8/16, but there's no appointment available. Hours later, SA called and booked 8/22.

Showed up an hour early on 8/22. That was okay because the car was already prepped. I was given the keys and paperwork to inspect the car inside and out. It was absolutely perfect. So went back in to have the paperwork signed, and handed over the bank draft, then drove away.

How it all began: Out of the blue, we thought, why don't we test drive a Tesla, just to see what it's like. After the first hard acceleration, there's no going back! After confirming we have the means to pay for it, order was placed just days later.

After ordering: Being a tech enthusiast, I started to read and watch everything Tesla. EVERYTHING. Eventually, I narrowed down a few sites that I keep refreshing all day for news, including Reddit, TMC, Ship Movement, etc. And soon came the battle between HW3/HW4. I was thinking I must be the lucky few who ordered after the cut-off for HW4, then came the news that all Canadian cars will now come from Shanghai.

The twist:
This really pissed me off as it felt like we got dropped. No more white seats (which I was so excited about), and lower range (didn't bother me too too much), and guaranteed no HW4. But then, I learned that Shanghai has the best quality of cars, unlike Fremont or Austin with wide range of issues of varying degrees in occurance and severity. And HW4 turned out to have lots of cost-cutting features like less RAM than HW3. And HW3 is currently more supported on the software front. So really, Shanghai Tesla is a safer bet, at least that's how I comfort myself. Also, every other Canadian will be driving exactly the same car, so I'm not alone.

Accessories:
Massive research and purpose of accessories! Got pretty much everything. And everyday I keep thinking what it's like to have all these in place in the Tesla. But, after such a long wait, the excitement kinda dropped little by little, because my mental state could not keep up with this.

I'd also like to share my accessories FAQ:
- The underseat storage bin, the Temai (the best one), fits the front perfectly with 3D Maxpider floor mat. To take it out easier, you just move the seat back a bit. This backs up to just about where the floor vent begins, so no blockage. The basenor one fits the back. But will obviously block the vent. I don't expect much issue with this. Also, for the floor vent, don't buy those 3D-printed plastic ones, nothing worked. Use the valcro ones. No added bulk to interfere with the bin, and it's much more secured (but overpriced).
- The side door pocket protector, for the rear doors, you need to take out the original mat. It might appear it doesn't fit, because you really need to push it in, then it fits like a glove.
- The trunk side pocket protector bin, the RH, it might appear it doesn't fit. But it will! Just need to figure out which way to go in, so don't worry.

Experience following delivery:
- Even Chill mode feels so fast.
- The way to describe, in ICE car, pedal position determines acceleration. In MYLR "standard mode", it feels like the pedal position directly translates to the speed you want to be at. It's so fast. But having also test-driven an X, you can feel its limit. So I'm seriously considering trying out acceleration boost (confirmed available for Shanghai MYLR, this is not available for Austin builds due to battery)
- Suspension is comfortable. I came from Honda Accord 2013 EX-L. All the litte bumps feel like they're suppressed. In the Honda, you can feel the road more. Both are good feelings, but different. Not harsh at all.

Anyway, for any of you still waiting, and have questions on accessories, performance, other details, I'll try my best to answer.

Here's my story:

EDD (6/9): June-July: Changed config to MYLR5-W-BLK-19-Tow (no more white seat following order cancellation email)
Schedule Delivery Email/Text on 8/16, but there's no appointment available. Hours later, SA called and booked 8/22.

Showed up an hour early on 8/22. That was okay because the car was already prepped. I was given the keys and paperwork to inspect the car inside and out. It was absolutely perfect. So went back in to have the paperwork signed, and handed over the bank draft, then drove away.

How it all began: Out of the blue, we thought, why don't we test drive a Tesla, just to see what it's like. After the first hard acceleration, there's no going back! After confirming we have the means to pay for it, order was placed just days later.

After ordering: Being a tech enthusiast, I started to read and watch everything Tesla. EVERYTHING. Eventually, I narrowed down a few sites that I keep refreshing all day for news, including Reddit, TMC, Ship Movement, etc. And soon came the battle between HW3/HW4. I was thinking I must be the lucky few who ordered after the cut-off for HW4, then came the news that all Canadian cars will now come from Shanghai.

The twist:
This really pissed me off as it felt like we got dropped. No more white seats (which I was so excited about), and lower range (didn't bother me too too much), and guaranteed no HW4. But then, I learned that Shanghai has the best quality of cars, unlike Fremont or Austin with wide range of issues of varying degrees in occurance and severity. And HW4 turned out to have lots of cost-cutting features like less RAM than HW3. And HW3 is currently more supported on the software front. So really, Shanghai Tesla is a safer bet, at least that's how I comfort myself. Also, every other Canadian will be driving exactly the same car, so I'm not alone.

Accessories:
Massive research and purpose of accessories! Got pretty much everything. And everyday I keep thinking what it's like to have all these in place in the Tesla. But, after such a long wait, the excitement kinda dropped little by little, because my mental state could not keep up with this.

- The underseat storage bin, the Temai (the best one), fits the front perfectly with 3D Maxpider floor mat. To take it out easier, you just move the seat back a bit. This backs up to just about where the floor vent begins, so no blockage. The basenor one fits the back. But will obviously block the vent. I don't expect much issue with this. Also, for the floor vent, don't buy those 3D-printed plastic ones, nothing worked. Use the valcro ones. No added bulk to interfere with the bin, and it's much more secured (but overpriced).
- The side door pocket protector, for the rear doors, you need to take out the original mat. It might appear it doesn't fit, because you really need to push it in, then it fits like a glove.
- The trunk side pocket protector bin, the RH, it might appear it doesn't fit. But it will! Just need to figure out which way to go in, so don't worry.

- The way to describe, in ICE car, pedal position determines acceleration. In MYLR "standard mode", it feels like the pedal position directly translates to the speed you want to be at. It's so fast. But having also test-driven an X, you can feel its limit. So I'm seriously considering trying out acceleration boost (confirmed available for Shanghai MYLR, this is not available for Austin builds due to battery)
- Suspension is comfortable. I came from Honda Accord 2013 EX-L. All the litte bumps feel like they're suppressed. In the Honda, you can feel the road more. Both are good feelings, but different. Not harsh at all.

Anyway, for any of you still waiting, and have questions on accessories, performance, other details, I'll try my best to answer.
Re the ride quality/suspension, it sounds like your MYLR has the "Comfort Suspension". It is my understanding that the Shanghai-built MYLRs for Canada have been coming with the Comfort Suspension for some months now. This was the deciding factor for me in ordering a MYLR on Aug 2. I drove a 21 MY owned by a family member and the ride was quite harsh. It was only from reading forums like this one did I learn such as oddly Tesla does not list this specification. They don't indicate the battery chemistry either. Again, very odd as suspension and battery are pretty important considerations!

I hope that train keeps going east with "my" MYLR on it! I'm assuming if it was carried by rail from Vancouver to Ontario that it continues via rail into the Maritimes but I guess there could be a reason why they switch to truck carriage.
I would assume they continue east on rail cars. Doesn’t make sense that they would truck everything east of Ontario, but I don’t know definitively

Here's my story:

The twist:

Accessories:

Can you please share the links for the accessories you have fitted? As I don't have the car yet, research has confused me a lot!

Reactions: artistlife
Was supposed to pick up last Saturday, but appointment got cancelled due to a delay... rescheduled for this Friday. Just texted my SA to ask if it has arrived and if I should be expecting any more delays and they said the car has arrived now.

2 more days!
Congrats! I can’t wait to pick mine up. I’ll send some photos in here when I get it.

Reactions: SamGr and markol
I would assume they continue east on rail cars. Doesn’t make sense that they would truck everything east of Ontario, but I don’t know definitively
I also assume the cars continue by train to eastern Canada. It would be a logistical nightmare to unload all of those cars and load them onto trucks for shipment to the east. It’s way more cost effective to keep them on the train in my opinion.

Reactions: SamGr
Can you please share the links for the accessories you have fitted? As I don't have the car yet, research has confused me a lot!

I believe you'll find the following helpful: (just search the name in Amazon.ca)

front underseat storage: temai (fits the front, not the back) very nice quality! A hard bin plus rubber insert.

back underseat storage: basenor (I put this at the back. Will block the floor vent, but works great otherwise. The driver side, there's a part of the seatbelt portion that will kinda hook into the bin. This will require you to put in the underseat bin at an angle to clear it.

rear center storage: basenor (just valcro to the back under the air-con part.

door side organizer: basenor (for the backseats, take out the original Tesla mat) (the original mat feels nice, but it's pretty flat, so it won't contain any spill)

console organizer: motrobe (this depends on your personal take). Many might like Spigen, but it's the harder material might make noise. So you want the felt version.

hidden armrest pocket: cusdusk (I like this design much more than all others. Others with the sliding cover, the cover might break easily. And it's hard to reach in to get stuff. This Cusdusk one opens magnetically, and very easy to reach everything, much more practical.

cup holder insert: temai (most others, when you take out your cup, it'll take out the insert with it, not so with Temai). Not the favorite color though.

glove box organizer: aramox (look for this design, the other design on Amazon is garbage and won't fit)

magsafe phone mount: magbak (this is arguably the best one, can route cable inside the trim)

floor mat: 3D Maxpider. Bought only because everybody else has this. Fit is perfect. Tuxmat should provide maximum protection. But I don't like mats that need to be installed with clips, which makes taking it out more complex (i.e. car wash).

cargo mats: kust. This is the ONLY single-piece mat that covers the entire trunk and the 2nd row seat back, all in one piece. Even 3D Maxpider will come in separate pieces. The drawback though, without this mat, you can open the sub-trunk cover and there's a spot to "hold" it. With the Mat on, you can't slide that into that slot, so you kinda have to open it up to a 90-deg angle and just let it sit there (opened). Getting into the upper sub-trunk you have to lift the whole back. Not deal breaker, but this should be the same for all trunk mats.

cargo pockets with covers: otrifowd. Perfect fit. And the covers match the Tesla too. The passanger side, I didn't think it would fit. The look is very confusing. But once you try it out, it's a perfect fit.

trunk/frunk mats: ldcrs. I don't see how anything more expensive can be better than these. The "frunk" floor is curved a bit. I'd say for the frunk, the fit is not 100% perfect, only because it doesn't "curve" the quite the same way. But once you put stuff on it to "push it down", it's all good.

mud flaps front/back: cyberbeans. I didn't know the Telsa would come with front mud flap. So I only installed the rear. Perfect fit. This is an actual "flap", not the regular mud "guard". I believe this should be more effective. The material bends really well, so highly doubt it'll ever break.

air vent covers: taruimoo. Really, just buy the cheapest valcro one you can find. Just don't get the hard plastic ones.

Visit EVACA, and buy their inlet vent cover, which will prevent leaves from getting into the air-con. Also, the front hood weather strip can protect things from getting into the frunk area. Easy to install, all perfect fit.

I got the Drop Stop seat gap insert. This prevents things from falling through the crack. This is so good!

Reactions: xcyber and SamGr
Here's my story:

The twist:

Accessories:

Great post! I picked up mine recently. So far, haven't really gotten a chance to drive much. But it looks flawless.
For accessories, so far I installed floor mats and spigen screen protector. I ordered silicone cup holder insert, console organizers from Temu (not delievered yet).

Great post! I picked up mine recently. So far, haven't really gotten a chance to drive much. But it looks flawless.
For accessories, so far I installed floor mats and spigen screen protector. I ordered silicone cup holder insert, console organizers from Temu (not delievered yet).
It’s the post above this one. Other than Magbak and EVACA stuff, just search the name on Amazon maybe with description.

Reactions: artistlife
Has anyone tried the TesFram license plate holder from Amazon? It had good reviews so I bought it in a panic because I'm getting PPF and don't want the license plate stuck on the bumper. It's one of those that clip into the bottom of the bumper.
I bought the Bandit but later sold it. I do see the appeal for this kind of license plate frame. But imagine, if you hit the front of your car, even very lightly, without this, you might just get a dent. With this installed, you might rip out the grill even with light impact.

Reactions: SamGr and RedGing12
I bought the Bandit but later sold it. I do see the appeal for this kind of license plate frame. But imagine, if you hit the front of your car, even very lightly, without this, you might just get a dent. With this installed, you might rip out the grill even with light impact.
I mostly bought it because of the PPF install. Tesla legally can’t release my car unless it has the plates on so I got this type of mount. If it is an issue down the road I’ll take it off, but I don’t park in my garage so I won’t have the risk of hitting the wall.