Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know how strict Tesla is with their delivery? If they offer you a date are you able to ask for another date? I'm a wedding DJ so I work every Saturday .. I can't really tell the bride and groom I can't make it because I'm picking up my car 😅
It’s a three day window from the day after your vehicle gets to the delivery centre from my understanding. Mine was supposed to get to the delivery centre today (25th) but now is coming in tomorrow. The pickup days are Thurs - Sat from this shipment.

Where are you picking up/do you have an appointment yet? I am picking up in Vancouver and just pushed my delivery date from this Thursday at 10am to Saturday at 11am as I am on vacation. If you’re rescheduling for this week at the same location, you might be able to snag my original spot?

New to the forum, ordered a Model 3 on Jul 15 from Langley center (I know this is the Model Y thread but this thread is more alive than the model 3 one...) and got a hidden VIN like 5 days after. EDD adjusted like 3 times and its Jul 15 - Aug 05 for me now. Do you guys think it will be on the MM? 🤔

New to the forum, ordered a Model 3 on Jul 15 from Langley center (I know this is the Model Y thread but this thread is more alive than the model 3 one...) and got a hidden VIN like 5 days after. EDD adjusted like 3 times and its Jul 15 - Aug 05 for me now. Do you guys think it will be on the MM? 🤔
Yes it is on MM. same OD as mine too. After MM there will be a while before new ships come with cars so if your EDD is this close its on MM

Reactions: CaptStealthy
Hi! I ordered my MYLR last May 25. How do I look for the hidden VIN?
Go to your Tesla account page where it shows the estimated delivery, then right click anywhere click View Page Source then search for "vin": with the quotes and there should be a couple matches, if one of them is not nil then that's your hidden VIN. There's other ways to get it if you know the first 3 char to match.

Reactions: amped_tes
Do you have a hidden VIN?

I just opened your profile and saw that you have an EDD of Aug 25 - Sep 31.

Like Bob said, you can check if you have a hidden VIN, but I don't THINK you've been assigned one yet.

Anything that's in inventory right now has been built after July 20 and is still sitting in Shanghai - we likely won't see those vehicles until September, or late August at the absolute earliest. Keep your eyes on the 2023 shipping movements thread, in case another ship picks up Teslas for Canada, but the port strike made them cancel the shipment after MORNING MARGARETA. If I had to guess, I'd guess it won't be reinstated until the port workers contract is ratified.

Keep watching inventory though, especially as MORNING MARGARETA gets unloaded. Use waitingfortesla.com, filter for MYLR in your province, and sort by the build date. If anything built before July 3 pops up, it likely was offloaded from MORNING MARGARETA - be prepared to accept any color/options.

When VIKING SEA arrived, a small number of vehicles were released into inventory, and they sold quickly. If you see one that you want, call your SA immediately, or ideally keep an extra $250 on hand so you can place an order for it online and cancel your original one. If you call your SA and have them match it to your original order, you won't be charged anything - but act fast so you don't lose it.
I have been checking everyday. I have not been assigned it yet.
Note to myself: DON'T start tracking the ships and inventory. (I will be busy entertaining guests for next few days but after that I don't trust myself 😃)

Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Bob123
It’s a three day window from the day after your vehicle gets to the delivery centre from my understanding. Mine was supposed to get to the delivery centre today (25th) but now is coming in tomorrow. The pickup days are Thurs - Sat from this shipment.

Where are you picking up/do you have an appointment yet? I am picking up in Vancouver and just pushed my delivery date from this Thursday at 10am to Saturday at 11am as I am on vacation. If you’re rescheduling for this week at the same location, you might be able to snag my original spot?

Thanks for the info! I feel less stressed out now lol.

I'm picking up in Langley, sadly I haven't been asked to setup an appoinment yet. My EDD just changed from July 25 - Aug 5 to July 28 - Aug 5. So i'm hoping I get to schedule a delivery real soon.

In your exprience did you get a delivery notification on the day of your EDD? For example if it said July 11th did you get a text / call on that day?

Thanks for the info! I feel less stressed out now lol.

I'm picking up in Langley, sadly I haven't been asked to setup an appoinment yet. My EDD just changed from July 25 - Aug 5 to July 28 - Aug 5. So i'm hoping I get to schedule a delivery real soon.

In your exprience did you get a delivery notification on the day of your EDD? For example if it said July 11th did you get a text / call on that day?
My EDD changed so many times but I think I got it the first day or the second. I also got it via email - no call or text.

Reactions: teanguyen604
I have been checking everyday. I have not been assigned it yet.
Note to myself: DON'T start tracking the ships and inventory. (I will be busy entertaining guests for next few days but after that I don't trust myself 😃)

Thanks for the info!
Yeah, don't track the ships unless you want to lose your sanity! 🤣

Do keep an eye on the inventory though, because as the vehicles are unloaded tomorrow and Friday, some may pop up in inventory. And if they do, they will go quickly!

Hi - I have delivery scheduled for today, for a MYLR, VIN is from China - LRWY...C0063xx. Does that mean only the 6300rd (approx) vehicle from the China factory for this year? I'll check the door sticker for build date, but if it's an older build, is it likely to be a reject / concern? Thanks in advance

Hi - I have delivery scheduled for today, for a MYLR, VIN is from China - LRWY...C0063xx. Does that mean only the 6300rd (approx) vehicle from the China factory for this year? I'll check the door sticker for build date, but if it's an older build, is it likely to be a reject / concern? Thanks in advance
No, the quality coming out of Shanghai is excellent, and some people say that they even laser scan the vehicles during quality checks before letting it leave the factory, which Fremont and Austin don't do.

It won't have HW4, but it doesn't matter. Just enjoy the car! :)

No that’s just your sequence number, Shanghai vehicles are almost never rejected, scanned with laser, built with upmost precision. I got my car on Monday, build is perfect. Yours most likely came out of VIKING SEA with a approx build date of June 15/16 2023. VIKING SEA docked on July 14 and unloaded on July 15.

Reactions: teanguyen604
Picking up my new 6000ish MYLR tomorrow. So yours is newer than mine anyways.