Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really can't see this happening. What about the 1000+ cars on the boat heading for Vancouver? I don't think they'd just cancel all of those cars and start sending them from Fremont. Then they'll have a surplus of cars in inventory that they may or may not sell.

It sucks right now because it seems like us Canadians are getting ripped off. Lower range, no HW4, and now the strike delaying all of our deliveries. We'll just have to wait it out and hope that the strike ends soon so our cars come.

I don't think Tesla will have any problem moving the cars that are on the MM after the fact. How many of those are LR and P? I'd guess a good amount are RWD which they will still have to just wait to deliver to the current VIN assigned customers.

I mean just in our tiny pop-up delivery center in Victoria they deliver 8+ cars a day. The amount in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal etc. must be a lot and could easily swallow up the ones on the boat delivered to customers without an assigned VIN yet.

Considering we are still fairly early in Q3, Musk probably won't be as desperate to move cars from Fremont but if this was happening near EOQ I bet he would.

According to Doug Ford, Parliament is being recalled? Can't find anything anywhere else that says it is to confirm. Or is he just assuming?

I think he just assumed based on O'Regan's comments last night.
Weren't' the US port workers refusing to unload Canadian cargo to stand in support of the Canadian workers? Or was that only a threat that never materialized?
From what I read, the port workers didn't have access to the manifests, so it was impossible to tell what cargo was going where.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Also, all the feds are doing with this ruling is buying time. The union is just going to turn around and serve strike notice.

I'm praying for a miracle that the auto terminals try to unload as many boats as they can in 3 days, lol
Based on what I see in the Vanvouver Port web cams, the picket lines are coming down again. Who knows how long this'll last.

EDIT: Ships are also still making moves into the port towards Vancouver so maybe they're just proceeding in case the strike ends. I don't know too much about marine traffic, but I assume this'll create an even worse bunch up of ships.

Reactions: CaptStealthy
Based on what I see in the Vanvouver Port web cams, the picket lines are coming down again. Who knows how long this'll last.

EDIT: Ships are also still making moves into the port towards Vancouver so maybe they're just proceeding in case the strike ends. I don't know too much about marine traffic, but I assume this'll create an even worse bunch up of ships.
Something tells me that this is about to get very messy very quickly... :(

Just chiming in based on my May 10th Order. Picked it up last Thursday (July 13th). Had some front end PPF installed and the installer said this was in the top 2 best assembled Tesla's he's ever seen. Trim alignment, door gaps, paint quality, etc. were all perfect. While we may not get HW3 just yet with Shanghai builds, I will take the major boost in build quality any day of the week. Any questions feel free to ask.

Perhaps not the right forum for this, but apart from the fitment and cosmetic issues, what about the other pet peeves people have?
- Cabin noise
- Ride quality
- Wind Buffetting noise
- Other creaks/rattles ....you get the idea.

Does the Shanghai build address these?

It was a call centre agent. I have no idea how to get ahold of my sales rep. The Vancouver store is terrible after you pay your order fee. They don’t answer emails (I sent 4 emails on a different issue back in May both to the rep and the general location email address) and no one got back to me. The phone number just directs you to the call centre.

The woman on the phone said my car wasn’t scheduled to arrive at port until the 25th, which is why I assumed it’s on MM now.

This is so stressful with a vacation planned. Oregon is close so it’s easy to get back to pick it up but this is so annoying to have plans in flux.
Update: I called the call centre today to confirm the final payment amount since the $4k BC EV credit isn’t showing up in my account and I need to get a draft today. Even though I was told by another agent yesterday that my vehicle has not arrived and is still in transit to Vancouver, I played dumb and asked if it was in Vancouver yet. The agent said yes, it was updated today to indicate it is here and it is at the Richmond port awaiting shipment to the delivery centre. It is expected to be at the delivery centre on Tuesday and that is why my pickup is on Thursday.

What a rollercoaster!

Update: I called the call centre today to confirm the final payment amount since the $4k BC EV credit isn’t showing up in my account and I need to get a draft today. Even though I was told by another agent yesterday that my vehicle has not arrived and is still in transit to Vancouver, I played dumb and asked if it was in Vancouver yet. The agent said yes, it was updated today to indicate it is here and it is at the Richmond port awaiting shipment to the delivery centre. It is expected to be at the delivery centre on Tuesday and that is why my pickup is on Thursday.

What a rollercoaster!
Happy for you!

• Love
Reactions: mspx