Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting interview from yesterday.

TLDR: An end to the strike is not close
In the video she does say though that ships being diverted to the United States will be serviced and have been serviced already, even though the employees have said they won't. Hopefully that means that even if there's a delay then it'll be minimal.

In the video she does say though that ships being diverted to the United States will be serviced and have been serviced already, even though the employees have said they won't. Hopefully that means that even if there's a delay then it'll be minimal.
Yeah, they can say it all they want, but it's not easy to tell what cargo is going where, and freight manifests are not public information.

Like I said, my fingers are crossed for MORNING MARGARETA to be diverted to Tacoma, cause our government doesn't give a french fry about resolving this strike anytime soon. :(

FWIW, reply from my SA re: the port strike. TL;DR, it's too early to tell :(

Thank you for reaching out.
You are right. Our deliveries are being impacted by the ongoing strike at the port of Vancouver.
While we know the business is making efforts to get our cars to find a way around this, we are unable to confirm if the ships will be routed to ports in the United States.

Reactions: Bob123
What strategies are they thinking?
They didn't say, and I didn't ask any more questions, cause they either don't know, or they're not gonna tell me anything, lol

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few days. I'm guessing the BCMEA and ILWU both know exactly how many ships are coming into Vancouver over the next few days, so they know things are going to become more critical after this week.

I am going to be watching MORNING MARGARETA closely - whether she drops anchor off Vancouver, or heads south as soon as she arrives off the coast. If she ends up going to Seattle, we'll have to watch and see if she comes back to Vancouver, or sets sail for Asia again. By that point, hopefully Tesla will have an update for me... 🤞

Here is a wild plan I'd suggest to Tesla....how about shipping cars from Fremont (you know the factory on the same continent, just one country over) so you don't have to deal with this stuff. Obviously that won't help the people ordering MY RWD but for the LR and P buyers they might as well just go back to shipping from Fremont.
Can you imagine how pissed off all the people who had previous Fremont orders w/ the white interior would be? 🤣

QQ guys!

How do you guys know so much about what ships are in transit? Which ones are at port?

And most importantly! How do you know which ship is your car on? And where is it rn?

Would someone be kind enough to share some insights?

MYLR
White, Black interior, 19” Gemini Wheels
OD: 4 June
EDD: June- July
EDD2: 13 July- 17 Aug
EDD3: 22 July- 5 Aug
Got the hidden vin from account

Reactions: Kylegreenlaw
QQ guys!

How do you guys know so much about what ships are in transit? Which ones are at port?

And most importantly! How do you know which ship is your car on? And where is it rn?

Would someone be kind enough to share some insights?

MYLR
White, Black interior, 19” Gemini Wheels
OD: 4 June
EDD: June- July
EDD2: 13 July- 17 Aug
EDD3: 22 July- 5 Aug
Got the hidden vin from account
That's all thanks to @Mr Miserable, who posts daily updates regarding Tesla shipments in this thread.

He tracks movement of vehicle carrier ships around a pier in the Port of Shanghai South which is adjacent to the Tesla factory, and posts here with info on where they're going. He also has a map on his website. You can also use websites like vesselfinder.com once you know the ship's name, but Mr Miserable has a subscription to satellite data which allows him to track ships when they are out of range in the open ocean.

As for knowing which ship is carrying your vehicle, it's just us guessing based on comparing the arrival ETA of the ship into Vancouver to the delivery window given to us by Tesla. You also have to factor in truck/train transport based on how far you live from the Port of Vancouver. These ETA's and EDD ranges are all not including any delays due to the port strike, mind you. So if a ship has to sit and wait, your EDD will begin to slide.

I'm not sure whereabouts in the country you are, but if I had to venture a guess, I would say that based on your EDD, your vehicle might be on MORNING MARGARETA (which is due Jul 16), and you're somewhere out east?

Reactions: Kylegreenlaw
Hi Everyone,

Anyone from the cancelled Fremont orders have VIN's yet?

MYLR
Original order: White, White interior, 19” Gemini Wheels
OD: May 21
EDD: April - June
Tesla Cancelled Order: June 9
Updated order: Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior, 19” Gemini Wheels
EDD2: April - June
EDD3: June - July
EDD4: July 13 - Aug 17
EDD5: July 22 - Aug 5
Still no VIN or Hidden VIN

Tesla pickup location: Kitchener, ON

Not sure which ship will have my order... But I'm sure my car knows I'm getting a new car. It keeps giving costly issues. I miss AC in the car. I am trying to resist putting more money into my car before I trade it in.

Reactions: CaptStealthy
Hi Everyone,

Anyone from the cancelled Fremont orders have VIN's yet?

MYLR
Original order: White, White interior, 19” Gemini Wheels
OD: May 21
EDD: April - June
Tesla Cancelled Order: June 9

Not sure which ship will have my order... But I'm sure my car knows I'm getting a new car. It keeps giving costly issues. I miss AC in the car. I am trying to resist putting more money into my car before I trade it in.
Mine too . Spent $3000 on repairs in last month. Trade in value goes down about 10% each month for my car. Trying to sell privately now.

Ayeee, you and I have the same config! Go Team Blue! 😎🔵

My personal guess given the "July 13" date they gave you would be VIKING SEA, which was supposed to arrive July 3 but is anchored off the coast waiting for the strike to end. It could be on MORNING MARGARETA too, which arrives on Sunday, I suppose. But I got a VIN assigned (hidden + in the MVPA) to my order, and I am pretty sure that my car is on MORNING MARGARETA. So that's strange that you don't have a VIN yet. I would say maybe check again once the strike resolves and the ships are unloaded, and then check with your SA if they still haven't assigned you one at that point.

And yeah, that's usually how it works, lol. The car realizes that it's not wanted anymore and starts to become vindictive! 🤣