Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you change driver profile from iOS app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I can tell, when someone tries to open the driver door, it has to detect a "key", which is typically a smartphone device, via bluetooth. Whatever is the first key it detects, it will use that key's profile when setting seat position, etc.

One issue I run into quite a bit is that my daughter's room is right above the garage where the car sits. So, a lot of the time, when I'm opening the door, it sets it to her profile. So I have to squeeze myself into the front seat to change profiles via the touchscreen. It might not sound like a big deal, but I'm a foot taller than my daughter and she sets the seat pretty far forward, so I when I say "squeeze" I mean I am literally squeezing my thighs between the steering wheel and front seat.

I noticed that even if I lock/unlock the car using my iPhone app, it doesn't actually change the profile.

Is there something I'm missing or is using the touchscreen the only way to change the active profile?

But to answer your question, you can only change the profile from the touchscreen.

Both of our Teslas select the wrong profile at times, even though we’ve repeatedly associated the correct profile with the appropriate phone. The feature has been quirky ever since it was first implemented, but works most of the time.

Regarding Easy Entry...won't setting that make other drivers' seats move back (to the EE position) when they put the car in Park?

Might seem like a minor gripe, but I feel like that would inconvenience them in having to wait for the seat to finish moving back each time they want to get out. I move the seat back considerably compared to my wife/daughter.

But to answer your question, you can only change the profile from the touchscreen.

Both of our Teslas select the wrong profile at times, even though we’ve repeatedly associated the correct profile with the appropriate phone. The feature has been quirky ever since it was first implemented, but works most of the time.
Yeah same here...works most of the time. Not enough for it to be a huge deal. Just would be nice to be able to change profile from your phone.

Yes, set up Easy Entry and save with the seat in your position. Then check the Easy Entry box in both of your profiles.
When using Easy Entry, make sure you modify the Easy Entry profile to include all the settings in common between your real profiles, including things like Apple Music and other streaming logins (if you share them between your profiles). Some people who use Easy Entry and who get logged out of Apple Music when switching profiles have found that configuring the Easy Entry profile can eliminate the problem.

Reactions: Occhis