Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cameras unavailable. Daily data limit reached

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Fellow Tesla Enthusiasts!

I read abt this topic on a few threads from Australia and New Zealand and in this article: Tesla Daily Data Limit Reached; What Should You Do? - solidcarcare.com, but it did not answer my question how to prevent this error message.

My car is connected to my home WiFi, I have Premium Connectivity, Software version 2023.26.8. I used Live Camera from my App for about 10-15 mins yesterday trying to find out if it is possible to save a live footage from the App (not possible, or at least I could not find how to do it). I also tried Megaphone for a few seconds (that scared the neighbors!). Shortly after I got the "Cameras unavailable. Daily data limit reached" message and the live feed is cut off. Today it is back again, but I wonder how to prevent this happening since 15 mins per day seems too short for me. WiFi and Premium Connectivity are not a solution. I read a comment that I should close the App completely (which is NOT recommended by Tesla) and restart the App, which is annoying if I have to do this each time I check the Live Cameras. I read somewhere that there is a cap on Live Camera of 90 mins (or 15 minutes in some countries). I guess UK is in the 15 minutes brackets, and if so there is nothing can be done.

Any other suggestions how to prevent the live feed to be cut off? Thank you!

I believe the issue is calling connectivity “Premium”, and charging a premium for it, creates expectations that are not delivered Really the experience is limited connectivity. The use cases vary from security to checking on ones beloved puppy and many more I am sure,, so I am not sure who is correctly informed to decide what is the appropriate amount of connectivity a user should get. Some more research online shows that some regions can view for 60 mins some for 15 mins, it’s all rather inconsistent. Perhaps if one day starlink provides connectivity there may be more minutes for all ;)

Well I call him puppy but he is almost two, he never makes a mess, just some sand on the tesla seat cover for dogs after his swim. From an early age adores his Tesla back seat throne for a short sailing or post swim snooze while I grab a lunch, but its amazing to be able to check he is relaxed and not waiting for my return.
Got to love the internet I don't know how people ever knew how to live without all the free advice :rolleyes:

• Love
Reactions: KerryOH
trying to find out if it is possible to save a live footage from the App (not possible, or at least I could not find how to do it)
I do not want to start a new thread so I am adding my update here. I read on Reddit (message dd 2022) that it was allegedly possible to save a Sentry clip from the App. I did some investigation and my conclusion is that it is NOT possible to trigger saving of the clip from the App. I tried Flash, Horn, Megaphone, Fart, but none of them result in saving a clip. So the Sentry can only be triggered by an external event (minimal threat) or by manually touching the Dashcam icon on the car screen.