Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cameras not accessible from the app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Tesla model Y and use my car in Switzerland, where I live. The manual says the following:
"To access Live Camera from the Tesla app, tap 'Security' > 'Sentry Mode' > 'View live camera."
I have done that but cannot access my cameras, when outside my car, from the app.
Is anyone experiencing the same restriction? I suspect this could be Tesla applying European rules preventing access to cameras on a car that is mostly located in public places.

I have a Tesla model Y and use my car in Switzerland, where I live. The manual says the following:
"To access Live Camera from the Tesla app, tap 'Security' > 'Sentry Mode' > 'View live camera."
I have done that but cannot access my cameras, when outside my car, from the app.
Is anyone experiencing the same restriction? I suspect this could be Tesla applying European rules preventing access to cameras on a car that is mostly located in public places.

In the US, you have to pay Premium Connectivity in order to get that feature.

Thanks for your answer. I assume my phone is set up as a Phone Key as I use it to open my car. I wonder if Tesla owners living in Europe, or even specifically Switzerland, do experience the same issue as the one I have.
Might try posting the question in the Switzerland sub forum and see if other owners near you have the same issue.