Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently changed my MYLR order to MYP because I was afraid Tesla will stop honoring OD prices after editing orders. I was hoping my EDD would bump sooner to Jun - Jul, but it bumped up too soon. My EDD is now Apr 3 - Apr 17, and I am not ready for the car this soon.

Someone from a SC (different from my intended delivery SC) reached out to me asking if I had any questions. I've tried to ask him twice to push my EDD further out, and both times, he just ignores me. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with different SA or push my EDD further out?
I think you would just need to put it on hold or refuse delivery.

I accepted delivery 2 days ago. The car came with Ryzen and AS Michelin's. Did not come with mudflaps (I installed them yesterday) or PPF. The only real issue I noticed was with the driver door. It was noticeably harder to close than what I expected. It isn't a deal breaker, but I do have to put some oomph when I close it. Service is coming next week to fix, so no big deal.

I was thinking of getting PPF for the front bumper, but it wasn't budgeted and I don't like the idea of leaving the car at the shop for a day or two. 😒

The MYP is a freaking fun car to drive and reminds me of my younger years when I used to engage in fast driving activities in the Bay Area!
Congrats! I just picked up mine today and almost flawless similar to yours. No PPF, some scratches on the window trim, and did come with all seasons! The wife now wants to keep the wheels cause they look fabulous.

I am putting on some temp PPF on the rear doors for now and maybe the front bumper. Getting a full wrap next month as my guy is totally booked out.

Why are they selling damaged vehicles as factory new? What other car manufacturer does this??
I think this happens with all manufacturers with damage from transport/delivery. You just don't see it since it gets repaired at the dealership before it gets sold. Tesla just has you schedule a service date and take care of it after. Not ideal but after waiting since July 2021 with an EDD out in July/Aug , driving a 13mpg truck, ill take my chances knowing i can still reject delivery in person.

3/29 as well! They wanted to deliver yesterday but I said I can pick up Tuesday instead. Driver door is probably similar to my issue. The gasket pushed the window for a tight seal but protrudes a bit too far out. You can test this by opening the window and closing the door. Originally had mobile appt but they changed it to service center. Might have to remove entire gasket and replace.
I think you're right... with the window open, it closes easily!

Well, my EDD held at June 12 - July 10 for a month (OD February 1, 2022 for MYLR, 19”, MSM/black, FSD, tow), then a week ago EDD changed to July-September. Life is too short. SA helped me change order to MYP, no other changes, on Wednesday. Last night (Thursday) my EDD changed to April 4 - 18. Today I get a phone call asking if I wanted to trade in. Expecting a VIN soon…

Reactions: Goleta and JDEWD250
Just took delivery yesterday of MYP and just barely posting now since I was learning and getting to know it. I ordered it on March 19th got the Vin on the 27th and received on the 31st. I'm coming from a BMW i3 and night and day. One thing I notice different is the regen braking on tesla is aggressive and more have to learn where my sweet spot on letting go of the pedal is now.

I made my order for a Model Y Long Range at the end of August 2021. Initial EDD was Mid-Feb 2022. Then it got pushed out to April 2022, now it's all the way back out to September 2022? Anyone experiencing this?
We ordered September 2021, delivery date just got extended to Sept/Oct. salesman said it’s because we put in a trade in vehicle. I just did it out of curiosity, had no idea it would affect delivery date. He said he would take the trade vehicle off and move us up, but the website date has not changed.

Well, my EDD held at June 12 - July 10 for a month (OD February 1, 2022 for MYLR, 19”, MSM/black, FSD, tow), then a week ago EDD changed to July-September. Life is too short. SA helped me change order to MYP, no other changes, on Wednesday. Last night (Thursday) my EDD changed to April 4 - 18. Today I get a phone call asking if I wanted to trade in. Expecting a VIN soon…
We had a similar situation. Put in the trade info, and our EDD got extended from April to October. A salesman said it was because of the trade. So watch out for that!

We had a similar situation. Put in the trade info, and our EDD got extended from April to October. A salesman said it was because of the trade. So watch out for that!
Rats! Already entered trade-in Info. I’ll see if it bumps the EDD. I have an appointment at CarMax tomorrow for a 7 day offer. If it’s near the KBB wholesale, might just go with that and stop at Tesla on the way home to get the trade removed. No harm, no foul?

Need some advice, I’m so Los Angeles, and really don’t think my LR is gonna be delivered this year. Wanted to wait and see how Austin affected deliveries as a whole, but leaning towards just changing to a P.
We’re going on vacation though at the end of April, should I change to P after vacation or now and risk getting a delivery while we’re gone, missing the car and waiting again. Do they put you at the end of the line when you have to delay or just a pause?

Rats! Already entered trade-in Info. I’ll see if it bumps the EDD. I have an appointment at CarMax tomorrow for a 7 day offer. If it’s near the KBB wholesale, might just go with that and stop at Tesla on the way home to get the trade removed. No harm, no foul?
I thought the same no harm , no foul SA called me for a trade in and got the price and quickly reject since it was too low, hoping it will not change my EDD with is 4/12 - 5 /11 and this is my 3rd EDD

I thought the same no harm , no foul SA called me for a trade in and got the price and quickly reject since it was too low, hoping it will not change my EDD with is 4/12 - 5 /11 and this is my 3rd EDD
Just got back from CarMax. Tesla offered $4,600 for my ‘14 Leaf, CarMax $6,500. Cancelled my trade in on my Tesla account. EDD still unchanged at 4/4 - 4/18. Fingers crossed.