Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BYD now the largest BEV manufacturer on earth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Among passenger NEVs, BEVs sold 165,505 units in October, up 60.44 percent from 103,157 units in the same month last year and up 9.47 percent from 151,193 units in September.

Expect BYD to sell over 2.5M BEVs in 2024

BYD sold a record 301,833 NEVs in October, the first time it has exceeded the 300,000-unit mark and the sixth consecutive month of record sales.

In the January-October period, BYD sold 2,381,471 NEVs, a year-on-year increase of 70.36 percent.

It is not BYD's BEVs that are going up in flames, it is their PHEVs. They should just stop selling their PHEVs altogether to salvage what reputation they have left. Their higher end BEVs are quite good. I would not be surprised if companies like BYD end up buying failed ICE auto companies in Europe and the US to gain a better reputation in the long term. In Other Words, do not underestimate BYD.

Reactions: ArchHamster
I see BYD cars increasingly here in the Frankfurt region. They all have Munich plates, therefore I suppose that they are owned by Sixt, one of the major car rental and leasing companies here in Germany, which is located in Munich. Sixt has placed an order of something like 100,000 cars with BYD. I suppose, they got an offer that was so good that they couldn't refuse.
They aren't looking too bad, but I have never driven one yet.
Interestingly Sixt is getting rid of their Tesla cars at the same time. Apparently Tesla's unpredictable price policies with their huge rebates and their high repair costs made the Teslas economically unattractive for Sixt.

I see BYD cars increasingly here in the Frankfurt region. They all have Munich plates, therefore I suppose that they are owned by Sixt, one of the major car rental and leasing companies here in Germany, which is located in Munich. Sixt has placed an order of something like 100,000 cars with BYD. I suppose, they got an offer that was so good that they couldn't refuse.
They aren't looking too bad, but I have never driven one yet.
Interestingly Sixt is getting rid of their Tesla cars at the same time. Apparently Tesla's unpredictable price policies with their huge rebates and their high repair costs made the Teslas economically unattractive for Sixt.

the reason why this is happening is bc usa closing the door on china, so all byd goin to europe...