Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a 85 pack from Tesla??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just informed by my service center that the ONLY pack available for my 2013 85 is a "remanufactured"" pack. No more New 90 or 85 packs are being offered? How can this be true when guys are posting on here they are buying new packs??
Seems they are really trying to get rid of the antique cars one way or another. why would I pay 17k for a remanufactured pack when I can buy a car with good pack?? For 17k?? And have my unlimited super charging? Buy a car with 90 for 25k abd take it's battery.
I can part mine out for a lot more than 20k.
Any ideas on what is really true at Tesla???

I'd say a good portion of what you're paying for when buying a battery from Tesla is the 4 yr / 50k mile warranty, and not having to swap the battery yourself. I don't think there are any 85s still out there that are still under warranty, and probably very few 90s.

or any other 3rd party, much cheaper to get used 90/100kwh pack n forget the suspension upgrade
then u might even have old modules to sell depending who u go with

Try a diff SC
For a warranty, that would be a correct answer but for out of pocket customer they should be able to sell u new 90 (350v)