Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BSM and BMB update problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

Im working on a 2.0 Roadster Sport in Sweden, the battery was depleted during covid and is now repaired, but somevhere along the road the VMS lost its identity and when firmware update was applied it the BSM and 2 of the BMB got stuck in some update mode,

The BMB flashes the 2 leds back and forth and probably awaits the new firmware flash.

The BSM is probably doing the same.

I have access to the firmware files, but I would like to know if someone have some nice info on how to flash the units directly since they do not seem to be flashable via the normal roadster vms flash utility.

Thanks in advance

Ok, so, the 12v battery had gone so low that it didn't have enough juice to power the car during Updates, so now it's above again, but the VMS is missing the vms.conf file, I can recreate that but if someone have a eu made vms.conf file from a 2.0 sport I would be very happy, it would save me alot of time and testing!

I found out hiw the vms.rc was to be written so everything is back on track now, only error left is the common 1144 1146 that comeback and goes, have ordered a new plug, let's hope it solves the issue.

I found out hiw the vms.rc was to be written so everything is back on track now, only error left is the common 1144 1146 that comeback and goes, have ordered a new plug, let's hope it solves the issue.
For the 1144/1146 errors, also check the connections at the blower end (presuming you have the single motor / dual blower upgrade). Mine were loose on that end, causing the PEM end connections to fail. See the last few posts of this thread: Think I need a new PEM Fan... Anything else to check?

Last edited: