Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser title in media display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be intended behavior, could also be either issue with Samsung bt,or the car.

Either way seems strange to display a browser tab from Chrome list.

This was few days ago, on 2020.32.3 but i saw about 3 months ago but didn't get pic so left it.

Anyone saw this or know if it's intended?

Just to add, i was connected to bt obv, but i had not been playing music, podcast etc. Just got into car and it appeared on connecting.

Attachments

• 20200829_152600.jpg
    20200829_152600.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 64
This is expected, only a slightly technical explanation follows if you're curious.

I'm out on all the terminology, but most sound or media content on smartphones goes through a "media server" on the phone. Part of the role of this "server" is to collect and communicate the metadata of what's being played, especially to connected Bluetooth devices. This is how your car is able to display the song, album, etc.

When webpage is playing content, this metadata is sometimes (usually) still communicated through the media server. Thus, it ends up on the car screen.

What happened is that tab was likely the last media you played. It usually holds on to the last thing played for a while (so things like pushing a play button on headphones will resume the same media content.

I often get things like the title of the last YouTube video I watched showing up there. Or sometimes random ads via the browser, which is a bit more confusing.