Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

broken clips when removing interior panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the Toyota clips from here: Amazon.com: 25 Toyota Trim Panel Retainer Clips 90467-10188 Sienna: Automotive

I downloaded the spec sheet and compared the different types and sizes. These ones fit perfectly, and match the Auveco ones that artsci listed.

View attachment 62080

Funny. I clicked on the link and Amazon tells me I purchased this item in 2015. I added a backup and upgraded my sound system on my Nissan Xtrerra. Guess I had the breaking issue.

I suspect there may be a standard size (or two) for these clips.

For how cheap these things are its worth having them on hand before starting a project. Beats the alternative of several days delay of you happen to break one of several.

I need to go through the storage bins in the garage so they're handy when I upgrade my speakers.

I need both the clips in this picture. Can folks confirm that the blue clip is the same as the Toyota part mentioned previously (Amazon.com: 25 Toyota Trim Panel Retainer Clips 90467-10188 Sienna: Automotive)? I notice that none of the referenced sites / parts have the foam gasket like this one does. Assuming the parts are the same, I should be able to move the gasket to the new clips when present as I haven't lost any of the blue ones, I've just broken them. Are there other options / considerations for the gasket? Also, I need the metal clip as well as a few have pulled off when removing the panels and either have disappeared or are bent out of shape enough that they won't work properly any more. Does anybody have a source for those metal clips?

View attachment 203772

Does anyone know where to get hold of these metal clips shown in the picture? I have a few that have been bent and need replacing.

Last edited: