Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bring on the Global Warming!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Love this.. Hilarious..

The sky is melting, run for your lives...

Hey, if the supposed chaos is real, I will head to Greenland to exploit its resources, grow lots of food, drink the fresh water, build a new Republic, and live in bliss... Like "way back when" ancestral whites in the "world that was". And leave the drones under the control of the tyrannical enemy who steals all wealth, liberty, property, and human efforts... Let them all sink to the bottom of the now risen ocean where they lived on the coasts, and attempted to defeat liberty.

If GW is not real, maybe the rest of us sane people will have to use force here to rid us of the tyrannical overlords and their drones...

:)

In the meantime, planning on getting a Tesla for business because 1.) I can 2.) one of the great vehicles of all time 3.) it is a choice not a requirement by the overlords 4.) it will have proved to have a great TCO 5.) Musk is a modern day Ford, Rockefeller, Carnegie, Westinghouse, Hughes, Vanderbilt (and so many others known and unknown who put it all on the line for big transformational change). Being a consumer of this new transformation is fun. BUT, NEVER partake in this to have some ego vanity mindset "I am part of the tyranny crusade to 'save the planet'".

5.) Musk is a modern day Ford, Rockefeller, Carnegie, Westinghouse, Hughes, Vanderbilt (and so many others known and unknown who put it all on the line for big transformational change).

Elon is on record saying that we NEED a carbon tax for the free market to work properly... thoughts?

3.) it is a choice not a requirement by the overlords

Are you one of those guys that doesn't wear a seatbelt because it's required by law?

@DRS1

I would like to say that I don't feel like "I am part of the tyranny crusade to 'save the planet'" but I feel like "I am part of the crusade to 'save the planet'".
To this concerne I would like to say that in spite of the fact that we are in a very dangerous situation for what is concerning CO2 concentration in the atmosphere (in the best case CO2 concentration in the atmosphere in 2050 will be 450 ppm which is already very bad IMO) Governments all over the world are not taking any tyrannical decisions IMO.
I don't really understand your attitude considering the gravity of the situation. So I suggest to you to attend some courses on the matter of Climate Change/Global warming on Coursera.org like I did in order to have a better awareness of the gravity of the situation on this matter.

Love this.. Hilarious..

The sky is melting, run for your lives...

Hey, if the supposed chaos is real, I will head to Greenland to exploit its resources, grow lots of food, drink the fresh water, build a new Republic, and live in bliss... Like "way back when" ancestral whites in the "world that was". And leave the drones under the control of the tyrannical enemy who steals all wealth, liberty, property, and human efforts... Let them all sink to the bottom of the now risen ocean where they lived on the coasts, and attempted to defeat liberty.

If GW is not real, maybe the rest of us sane people will have to use force here to rid us of the tyrannical overlords and their drones...

:)

In the meantime, planning on getting a Tesla for business because 1.) I can 2.) one of the great vehicles of all time 3.) it is a choice not a requirement by the overlords 4.) it will have proved to have a great TCO 5.) Musk is a modern day Ford, Rockefeller, Carnegie, Westinghouse, Hughes, Vanderbilt (and so many others known and unknown who put it all on the line for big transformational change). Being a consumer of this new transformation is fun. BUT, NEVER partake in this to have some ego vanity mindset "I am part of the tyranny crusade to 'save the planet'".

Who are these "tyrannical overlords" you speak of? What kind of force do you intend to use? I am actually not sure I want an answer, but here is what I do want: Learn some science. Your plan for Greenland is not going to work, it is going to take centuries for the Greenland ice sheet to fully melt even in the most severe global warming scenario.

And there is no need to save the planet, the planet will be fine. It's human life that is under threat, as well as a good fraction of the world's biodiversity. But hey I don't expect you to know anything about that or care, because you've already demonstrated to me that you are very ignorant. Again, I plead to you to learn something about science. Until then, it's time to stop posting.

itstimetostopposting.jpg

@DRS1

I would like to say that I don't feel like "I am part of the tyranny crusade to 'save the planet'" but I feel like "I am part of the crusade to 'save the planet'".
To this concerne I would like to say that in spite of the fact that we are in a very dangerous situation for what is concerning CO2 concentration in the atmosphere (in the best case CO2 concentration in the atmosphere in 2050 will be 450 ppm which is already very bad IMO) Governments all over the world are not taking any tyrannical decisions IMO.
I don't really understand your attitude considering the gravity of the situation. So I suggest to you to attend some courses on the matter of Climate Change/Global warming on Coursera.org like I did in order to have a better awareness of the gravity of the situation on this matter.

I get your argument. I also experience that you do not have an agenda to control others through Environmental laws as one means of control. Unlike too many other drones that follow those who seek to take our wealth, property, liberty, and own each of our "output of value".

I am suspect of the measurements and the thesis being promoted as a means to promote their theft and ultimate enslavement. I would like to meet someday a honest scientist who has these measurements you mentioned. Where the measurements were not taken in locations to skew the numbers. For example. Many of the CO2 PPM measurements are being taken where extreme concentrations of CO2 production by either humans or nature. They take the readings in the middle of large cities, active volcanos, on ocean where there is decay of underwater plants, next to large bovine farms, near landfills and natural decaying bogs. They document CO2 readings in tree filled valleys at night when certain plant life is emitting CO2, not absorbing it.

Point is, it skews the readings. And does not take into consideration how the earth absorbs and deals with Any CO2 increase.

Someday, I will meet a honest non agenda scientist that has taken measurements that are neutral to "the cause". Until then, I hear your honest and genuine concern. And I will continue to listen. I ask that you also take a more Libertarian set of "optics" when examining the global warming debate. Step back and ask who get to have their oligarchy riches on the backs of you and me. Hypocrites like AlGore who produces more CO2 and methane in one year than you or I in a lifetime. Who makes hundreds of millions on the "crisis" trading and exploiting rules made with a "phone and a pen" (violating the Constitution, stealing from us and ending our liberty)..

For those pointing fingers and shrieking to delete this post because it is "political". Well, Global warming IS politics, that has overtaken science and honest debate. A political agenda for the political and crony business super rich oligarchs.

And who says CO2 is a registered "pollutant" anyway? I do not want it as such. Because, then my own body is regulated by wicked federal law as a CO2 polluter. It will be up to the overlords to decide when my or your CO2 quota is up.

@DRS1

You appear to be at least be open to the possibility that the scientific consensus that adding 30GT of CO2 to the atmosphere annually carries significant risk. Wouldn't it be wise as a society to discourage energy sources that add CO2 and favor of those that don't?

"We're running the most dangerous experiment in history right now, which is to see how much carbon dioxide the atmosphere... can handle before there is an environmental catastrophe." - Elon Musk

I get your argument. I also experience that you do not have an agenda to control others through Environmental laws as one means of control. Unlike too many other drones that follow those who seek to take our wealth, property, liberty, and own each of our "output of value".

How is educating people on science have anything to do with taking wealth, property and liberty? Give some examples. Show me some evidence. Don't just make a wild ass claim without something to back it up.

I am suspect of the measurements and the thesis being promoted as a means to promote their theft and ultimate enslavement.

You should have taken my previous advice to stop posting.

I would like to meet someday a honest scientist who has these measurements you mentioned. Where the measurements were not taken in locations to skew the numbers. For example. Many of the CO2 PPM measurements are being taken where extreme concentrations of CO2 production by either humans or nature. They take the readings in the middle of large cities, active volcanos, on ocean where there is decay of underwater plants, next to large bovine farms, near landfills and natural decaying bogs. They document CO2 readings in tree filled valleys at night when certain plant life is emitting CO2, not absorbing it.

Incredibly stupid statement and borderline libelous. You clearly don't have the slightest clue as to how science is conducted, especially climate science, and you have the audacity to criticize?

Your claim has long been debunked anyway. See here: How reliable are CO2 measurements?

Point is, it skews the readings. And does not take into consideration how the earth absorbs and deals with Any CO2 increase.

You must love being wrong, because you are flat wrong again. You have no clue what you are talking about and yet you persist? CO2 sinks are explained here at around 7:30 - Climate Change: Lines of Evidence - YouTube

Someday, I will meet a honest non agenda scientist that has taken measurements that are neutral to "the cause".

Someday, I will talk to again when you've actually learned something about basic physics or chemistry, but I'm not holding out hope.

Until then, I hear your honest and genuine concern. And I will continue to listen. I ask that you also take a more Libertarian set of "optics" when examining the global warming debate. Step back and ask who get to have their oligarchy riches on the backs of you and me. Hypocrites like AlGore who produces more CO2 and methane in one year than you or I in a lifetime. Who makes hundreds of millions on the "crisis" trading and exploiting rules made with a "phone and a pen" (violating the Constitution, stealing from us and ending our liberty)..

Dr. Richard Milne explains the difference between politics and science - a distinction that is clearly lost on you - Dr Richard Milne - Critical Thinking on Climate Change: Separating Skepticism from Denial - YouTube

For those pointing fingers and shrieking to delete this post because it is "political". Well, Global warming IS politics, that has overtaken science and honest debate. A political agenda for the political and crony business super rich oligarchs.

And I don't want your post deleted either. I want your ignorance to be cured... somehow, someway. But it is REALLY bad.

And who says CO2 is a registered "pollutant" anyway? I do not want it as such. Because, then my own body is regulated by wicked federal law as a CO2 polluter. It will be up to the overlords to decide when my or your CO2 quota is up.

Read this before commenting further - Is CO2 a pollutant?

CO2 is a registered pollutant by the EPA and many other agencies. Laws and "regulations" are enforce to control all CO2 and methane emissions.

As for your insults... They betray you.... Anyone who is not a Koolaid drinker on this topic see this.

I will watch in earnest your videos and go to the links. Do not be surprised of I have questions about them.

CO2 is a registered pollutant by the EPA and many other agencies. Laws and "regulations" are enforce to control all CO2 and methane emissions.

As the article I linked stated, the word "pollutant" is a play in semantics. But when something is introduced to the environment that causes more harm than good, it's hard not to call it a pollutant.

As for your insults...

When I call you ignorant, I am stating a demonstrable fact that is backed up with evidence, which you have kindly provided.

They betray you.... Anyone who is not a Koolaid drinker on this topic see this.

Seriously, who is THEY? Stop beating around the bush and tell me who "they" is.

I will watch in earnest your videos and go to the links. Do not be surprised of I have questions about them.

Ask away.

I was a skeptic. I am no longer a skeptic.

If I still was a skeptic, one recent broadcast would have convinced me otherwise. You see, the basis for skepticism in the 1980s and 90s was that human contributions of greenhouse gases paled in comparison to natural things - especially volcanoes.

Well, in the penultimate episode of the recent Cosmos reboot, it was mentioned that volcanoes put out 5M tons of carbon per year and we, as humans, are putting out 30B tons per year. That just wipes out the skeptic's argument like trying to say the sun revolves around the earth.

I started this thread in a light-heartened fashion; in keeping with that, the latest development:

99 TeslaPoints to anyone who can document ANYONE ELSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE who had to shovel his entire roof on the 19th of June. Boy, my back is sore!

In this case, it wasn't that the snow load - we got 6" of gloppy cement and, after 48 hours, it was barely leaving as the weather has been truly heinous - but normally we would just let time do its inexorable job - it was because, after 15 months of sniveling and wheedling, I finally got a work crew to come down from Fairbanks and replace the 42-year-old shingles with the metal roofing that is so much more preferable here. And, in my dotterhood, I'm no longer confident about being able to do that job properly (this roof has too many weird hips and valleys, and it really never, ever is a one-person job...speaking of sore backs...). And I got a 1-day window - today - to get it done!

Ridikulus!