Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake Vibration -Recurring Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I wonder if you can help with a recurring brake problem. We have a 2015 85 Model S. Since we purchased it 4 years ago it has needed both front and rear disks replacing multiple times.

There is often a vibration through the pedal at light to medium pedal pressure. Never through the steering wheel. Which would indicate a rear disk issue. I understand about warped disks, overheated disks etc but given the type of driving we do, i can honestly say they are never used in anger especially with regen.

So are the vibrations simply down to surface rust from the brakes hardly ever being used? The problem is always resolved with new pads and disks or a skim of the old disk to clean the surface.

Does anyone else have this issue or are we just driving it too lightly and not using the brakes enough? Is there another issue i'm missing like a sticky caliper etc?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

James

Sup James,

Vibrations on slight brake pedal press, diagnosis - warped. After a long fight with Tesla service center, I’ve replaced my stock rotors at 12k (Tesla said its not warrantable item), went cheap as OEM rotors were over 1k$ for the front only, and got the same issue again at 25k.

Decided to go the opposite way and bought Girodisc. Im at 82k miles now and its all good.

Im not affiliated or got them for free, i paid around 1.2k$ and never had issues with brakes again. The exact model is:

GiroDisc A1-173 - Slotted 2-Piece 355x32/30 Rotor Set​

P.S. im not a calm driver.