Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston metro owners: where do you wash the salt off your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boston metro owners, does anyone know a good place/way to wash/rinse the salt off your car during the winter? Unfortunately I live in a condo-complex where my garage does not have a water faucet OR a drain. I own "no rinse" car wash for the car for this reason, but I would just mar the s*** out of the paint no rinse washing it first. Importantly, I also want to get salt off the undercarriage.

I've already thought about running it through a brushless car wash, but having taken older cars I've owned through them in the past, they are wayyyy too high pressure. I then thought about using a self serve in the area (also problem of high pressure), and this article completely turned me off from that idea:

Contrary to popular belief, using a self serve or touchless wash (basically the same thing, just ones automated) can still scratch your car. If your car is exceptionally dirty, the high pressure water can actually skid ice and other debris across your paint causing dreaded swirl marks. Even if your car goes in relatively clean it isn’t safe. Many of these car washes actually use recycled water which doesn’t effectively remove all contaminants What does this mean? To save a few bucks on the overpriced wash you bought, the car wash is sandblasting your car when you wash it.

All I'd really love is just a faucet to connect a hose for a solid 5 minutes, and then drive back to my place and use rinseless two-bucket in the driveway. Just hoping for some advice. I live in Somerville.

When I lived in Charlestown, I used (and was happy with):
Somerville No Touch Car Wash
31 Washington Street

My Model S did fine through the touchless automatic side, but if you're nervous about using it, this place also has covered bays nicely set up to hand-wash your car. Bring your own microfiber cloths either way: the automatic dryer leaves water spots, and you'll need cloths for the hand-wash side.