Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice one, Bjørn!

728.7 km @ 39 km/h , looks like the graph given by Tesla in 2012 is correct
Our cruising speed was 40 km/h. The reason why the average went down slightly must have been because of (very few) red lights and some roundabouts. However, we managed to take the roundabouts in 40 km/h just fine. Morgan's P85D had the stiff P85+-alike suspension that came with the earlier cars.

We did try 38 and 42 km/h. Lower speed didn't seem to improve consumption. But higher speed seem to take more energy. So we settled for 40.

Our cruising speed was 40 km/h. The reason why the average went down slightly must have been because of (very few) red lights and some roundabouts. However, we managed to take the roundabouts in 40 km/h just fine. Morgan's P85D had the stiff P85+-alike suspension that came with the earlier cars.

We did try 38 and 42 km/h. Lower speed didn't seem to improve consumption. But higher speed seem to take more energy. So we settled for 40.

Cool, congrats! I get about the same consumption on a Renault ZoE going 90km/h on the freeway behind trucks, but it is a way smaller car and drafting is not always a possibility.
And with a 22kWh battery, it would still only go 180km then.

You also got a mention on marketwatch: Tesla owner gets a nod from Elon Musk for going the extra mile - MarketWatch
Good PR for Tesla!

"... I prefer to live someplace further south..., like Oslo!" maybe not meant to be funny, but from my perspective that was ROTFL.

Bjorn, best of luck and I look forward to your future videos. I just need to make sure I subscribe to and check your YouTube channel to insure I don't miss your non-Tesla related videos.

Bjorn, great move. This is a lifetime decision that will bring you, your wife and mom closer together. Importantly your will all be together when you family will grow! We are looking forward to your future videos now that you have set more time to that.

All the best in your move. I think that is great!

Tom Melka

BTW, make it to TMC Connect next year!

This took me by surprise, considering that tour of Bodø I believe it was, you said you didn't like the winters there.

But upon further reflection, one of the recent videos you said you made over 5000KR for a weekend. If you did that for more days per month (albiet at a less frantic pace), you could make it work. The free housing helps.

Good luck and looking forward to the upcoming videos.

This took me by surprise, considering that tour of Bodø I believe it was, you said you didn't like the winters there.

But upon further reflection, one of the recent videos you said you made over 5000KR for a weekend. If you did that for more days per month (albiet at a less frantic pace), you could make it work. The free housing helps.

Good luck and looking forward to the upcoming videos.

Let's all chip in and have him shuttle potato chips from Oslo to Bodo :)

If you want to become a professional car tester for an international audience, one thing that could help make your videos more professional would be taking lessons with a voice coach, like actors and people in the mass-media do, to acquire the same accent as people on CNN for example, and also a smoother flow, and more confidence. Most of your fans probably will not tell you out of kindness, but the truth is if you work on it, your voice could be more pleasant. Until now it had its charm because you are an enthusiastic amateur, and it is nice discovering people from all over the world on youtube, but if your ambition is to be a professional, this is something you should do. Also, a professional microphone like on TV would help, especially since talking inside a car is not a really pleasant experience with all the unpleasant noise sources when driving, and the poor acoustics. Unconsciously, sound plays a big part in how much people are immersed in a movie, that is why movie theaters spend insane amounts of money on sound equipment. Amateur videos, even with 4K cameras, are immediately noticeable on youtube because the sound is of poor quality. Maybe you should also add light sources inside your Model X, because when you film yourself at night in the MF, the image is of poor quality, too grainy. It will be a much more common occurrence up North.
Waiting impatiently for your first Model X video ! Cheers !

Last edited:
If you want to become a professional car tester for an international audience, one thing that could help make your videos more professional would be taking lessons with a voice coach, like actors and people in the mass-media do, to acquire the same accent as people on CNN for example, and also a smoother flow, and more confidence. Most of your fans probably will not tell you out of kindness, but the truth is if you work on it, your voice could be more pleasant. Until now it had its charm because you are an enthusiastic amateur, and it is nice discovering people from all over the world on youtube, but if your ambition is to be a professional, this is something you should do. Also, a professional microphone like on TV would help, especially since talking inside a car is not a really pleasant experience with all the unpleasant noise sources when driving, and the poor acoustics. Unconsciously, sound plays a big part in how much people are immersed in a movie, that is why movie theaters spend insane amounts of money on sound equipment. Amateur videos, even with 4K cameras, are immediately noticeable on youtube because the sound is of poor quality. Maybe you should also add light sources inside your Model X, because when you film yourself at night in the MF, the image is of poor quality, too grainy. It will be a much more common occurrence up North.

I don't agree with this. I prefer charm, over sterility and polish, and I'd guess his audience would agree.

I don't agree with this. I prefer charm, over sterility and polish, and I'd guess his audience would agree.
100% this.

John McElroy is one of the best auto journalists out there with a huge fan base -- his voice sounds like a scratch DJ performance. I'd far sooner have authenticity -- something at which Bjørn already excels. To get some perfect broadcaster accent would take away from that.

Last edited:
I completely disagree with the need to have a professional polished voice.

I respect and also look forward to Bjorn's videos only because he is natural. I value his observations and comments and I can be 100% confident he is truthful.

Those polished voices you refer to, most of them come as scam artists paid for by the manufacturers.

This is the same reason why Musk's is highly regarded and trusted CEO though his delivery style is very poor but honest.

In reality I do not watch CNN. I love the voices of opera singers, people who train their voices every day for decades to make them very beautiful and expressive. Authenticity can be nice, but Bjorn did not learn English growing up in Oxford, did not act in Shakespeare plays in university, so while his command of English is quite good, his delivery could be made more pleasant. Perfectionism is not foreign to Elon. It is just that he has no time to improve his communication, well...skills.

In reality I do not watch CNN. I love the voices of opera singers, people who train their voices every day for decades to make them very beautiful and expressive. Authenticity can be nice, but Bjorn did not learn English growing up in Oxford, did not act in Shakespeare plays in university, so while his command of English is quite good, his delivery could be made more pleasant. Perfectionism is not foreign to Elon. It is just that he has no time to improve his communication, well...skills.
... and if a programmer from Norway were to suddenly start sounding like an actor in a Shakespeare play, I would be very skeptical of what he had to say -- just like all of those voiceover artists with their Oxford accents trying to sell me European cars on American TV.

He's got a really good thing going, and I think what you propose would be disastrous.

What does 'good communication' skills really mean?

A Cambridge accent? Eloquence of Obama? Nope. One should be able to convey their thoughts in a simple, direct manner and in a way people believe and respect your opinion. I think Bjorn does fine.

Im sure you mean well by your comments but the best part of the videos is Bjorn being Bjorn. Changing that would absolutely suck. Bjorn stay yourself! Can't wait to see your take on your new X