Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Biggest EV PARADE on April 18 in MONTREAL. Anyone from Toronto coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just in case anyone registered only recently, here is a copy of the text that was sent 3 days ago to registered owners. If anyone from out of town runs into any issues in Montreal or getting to the site, PM me on this forum and leave your cell number and I will call you back. I get it all on my phone. See you all tomorrow!

Thank you for registering to take part in the Guinness world record attempt "largest parade of electric vehicles"
We currently have over 310 pre-registrations , which means that we will exceed the 305 mark provided that all vehicles shows up . We count on you!
To reach the site just follow the signs for " Record Guinness VE " or P8 upon arrival on Ste Helene island (indications are available from Concorde Bridge or Jacques Cartier Bridge )
You must arrive between 4 pm and 5 pm .
To make the event enjoyable we ask you to follow our volunteers instructions to guide you on site.
Be patient! For this unique event it will reduce the risk of accidents.
Be careful! EVs doesn’t make noise , pedestrians (although they are EV drivers ) can ‘t hear you !
The count will take place at 5:30 pm and our volunteers will tell you how to make the parade that will make a 2nd count .
From 6 pm you will have to leave the site (always following the instructions of our volunteers ) .
If you have cameras or videographers passengers enjoy it to generate the maximum images / movies! All these elements will be required to certify the record thereafter.
See you on Friday!

Cool. I'm helping with one of the exhibits at the track. Just took an ELR for a ride. They're allowing you to drive fast only at the hairpin... so naturally I took the proper racing line with tires squealing. Scared the poor codriver lol.

Congrats, it looks like we have a new Guinness World Record. The last unofficial count I heard was 428 electric vehicles (including one electric boat) and cars were still coming in. Amazing to see that many EVs in one place.

Thanks Doug_G for the parade lap tour!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397864353.285599.jpg

Yes, lots of fun. Just had a look at a few clips from the drone video. So cool Should make for a good movie when I am done editing it! Special thanks to our friends from Ottawa and Gatineau that made the trip. You're always welcome :)

Thank you! It was really fun... At least it was my first road trip with my car. Just passed 1K on the ODO.

Looking forward to the official results! :biggrin:

This was a really cool first outing with the roadster and it's brand new green plate for us!
My only other driving so far had been 'utilitarian', getting tires and SAAQ inspection.

I wonder if the copters caught video's of the parade or just shots from the parking.
I didn't notice them while driving. Really curious to see how these turn out too.

It was also neat to see you guys from Ontario turn up!
Hope the weather held up for your return trip.

Who is "AL SET"?
It's me! Hi! I'm not Al, you can call me Steph.
AL SET = Tesla spelled backwards (as you now figured out), and also the fact that I'm "all set" with my car :)
Zax, I think I spotted you and waved at you a few times. Were you the only car there with the lighted Tesla T ?

Here's a quick video of the "pit stop". The video, I think, shows a lot of the diversity of vehicles we had on site!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's me! Hi! I'm not Al, you can call me Steph.
AL SET = Tesla spelled backwards (as you now figured out), and also the fact that I'm "all set" with my car :)
Zax, I think I spotted you and waved at you a few times. Were you the only car there with the lighted Tesla T ?

Here's a quick video of the "pit stop". The video, I think, shows a lot of the diversity of vehicles we had on site!

Hey Steph!

Yup that was me with the lighted T. :) so many Tesla there! Had to have something to be distinctive. :) your Go Pro was your distinction. Hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
My car was inside the building just after you passed the VIA electric truck. You can just see its DRL's blinking.

The thing I found most remarkable about the parade itself was the huge number of Volts. They seemingly went on and on forever. There must have been over 200 Volts. Shocking!