Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big new autopilot rewrite update...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I care very much (what if it is my kids on the parking lot!)
So far none of the actions by the car, in my summon attempts, have made me abort the session.
I bet you care about humans, both your offspring or not lol
I think a better way to rephrase my question would be: do you wait until the path is 100% clear before you summon? Or are you comfortable with some light/medium/high traffic between the car and yourself?

I bet you care about humans, both your offspring or not lol
I think a better way to rephrase my question would be: do you wait until the path is 100% clear before you summon? Or are you comfortable with some light/medium/high traffic between the car and yourself?
The point I was making is that I treat the humans on parking lots as if they were my kids on the parking lot.

No, I do not wait to have 100% clear before I summon, I just make sure that no one is around the car to start (1 car length around), once it starts moving, I have not been in a position where I needed to worry about a human crossing the path close to the car.

Reactions: helvio
The point I was making is that I treat the humans on parking lots as if they were my kids on the parking lot.

No, I do not wait to have 100% clear before I summon, I just make sure that no one is around the car to start (1 car length around), once it starts moving, I have not been in a position where I needed to worry about a human crossing the path close to the car.
I'll switch to dropping a pin and giving it a second try. I always used Come to Me and that was definitely not satisfactory. Thanks for the feedback!

I'll switch to dropping a pin and giving it a second try. I always used Come to Me and that was definitely not satisfactory. Thanks for the feedback!
The car is almost too sensitive to humans in its path, so no need to worry about that. “Go to target” is definitely the way to go. Another tip: put the pin slightly further than where you are so the car maintains speed until you let go of the button. The car tends slow down as it gets closer to the target. Try it out in empty parking spaces to get a better grasp of what we’re saying here.